Thread: Convinced myself I'm dying :(

Convinced myself I'm dying :(

So in 2013 I had a non cancerous tumour removed from behind my left ear. The parotid gland I think? This actually was the trigger of my health anxiety alongside a couple of other things that happened that month. Well I noticed a small pea sized lump just Infront of my left ear and I'm absoloutely convinced it's another one that could be cancerous. I can't get it out my head that this is how I'm going to die. Plus I've been really poorly the last week, been on antibiotics for tonsillitis and it's come back again :(. Convinced it's all connected. Should I just ignore it and forget about the lump? Am I just being far too paranoid? Is it even worth going to the doctors? My mum said it's a stupid reason and a waste of their time. But I just can't stop worrying and it's making me sick. (Past week though my HA has been the worst I've ever had - thought I had a brain tumour, eye tumour, throats cancer, aids or STD). What's happening I feel so insane. But this time because it happened before I'm out of my mind :( sorry about such a long post it just really helps to talk to someone and have advice or reassurance.

---------- Post added 02-12-16 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 01-12-16 at 23:57 ----------

I did the worst thing ever and I googled it... and it says it is common with bacterial and viral infections, and I've had a particularly bad one!! Although it was there quite a bit before.

Re: Convinced myself I'm dying :(

Question: In the last 18 months since you've been on the forum, have any of those fears become a reality? No? This one won't either. What are you currently doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information