Thread: eye headaches

eye headaches

ive been trying not to freak out about this one, and havent googled....yet..
    ive been gettin mild eye headaches right around my eyes on and off for almost a year now!!!

some days nothing at all, other days, on and off all day.
    some days i wake up with it too!

i finally got the guts to go to both the doctor and optician.
    optician said i have mild stigmatism, but that headaches from this dont usually come around the eyes, usually higher on the forhead...
    went to the doc and she wasnt worred at all, just said its stress...it has been worse since my dog got sick and died recently, but now it is annoying!
    its not bad enough to take tablets for it.....im hoping doc didnt miss anything bad!
    never heard of headaches with anxiety disorder before??!??
    a friend who is married to a doc said they only worry about headaches that come from within the head, not near the edges of the skull....
    anyone else suffering headaches like this? and related to anxiety?

Re: eye headaches

I've started to get these recently and wake up with them somedays, other days are fine. I'm under a lot of stress also. I've also been to the hospital and had my pupils dilated and checked and everything was fine. So if you have been under a lot of stress, try to be reassured that that is probably the trigger.

Big hugs.

Lisa x

Hi Peach

I am sorry to hear about your headache hun.

You will find that headache are very common with anxiety and stress, here are some links

Headaches
    Headaches
    headaches
    tender spots on head
    Tension headaches!
    ongoing headaches
    Big HELLO and warm wishes to everyone
    New User - Pressure in head

I know its dame hard for you right now, but try some relaxation cd's, learning how to relax helps alot, it take the tention out of every muscule. I have a self hypnoses cd, this helped me alot.

You take care

LOVE JILLXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

i've recently started having headaches from my eyes. i never get headaches so its really scared me. i went to get my eyes tested the other day instead of seeing my GP..again! the optician said i need glasses for reading, watching TV and using computer. it is really worrying as i immediately assume its a brain tumour but worrying and stressing about it will only make it worse. I decided to believe they are just headaches and try to get on with it but it still terrifies me when they start...your not on your own x

I get headaches which are a direct result of eyestrain. Last night I got very little sleep so today I have had to wear my glasses for Visual display because my eyes hurt. I get sharp pains in and around my eyes and sometimes in the back of my head, I can only assume it is related. And yep my doc said it was stress and so did my optomitrist.

Eye strain annd tension can do terrible things! but I believe if both have seen you they would have picked up something it there was something wrong.

Easier said than done I guess, but try to rest up your eyes And sorry to hear about your dog. :(
    Take care,
    Jane

like you louwilliams,

i hardly ever had headaches in my life, so this has been worrying.
    im just trying to keep it as a low grade worry. with anxiety disorder, seems everything and anything can set me off, and then im feeling sick, lightheaded...etc....getting very boring these days to deal with and now headaches...doc said anxiety can cause anything and everything.

i guess it must be ok, since i did see both, and i just now got to get that little devil out of my ear- the one that says...maybe they missed something, got it wrong..blah blah...

Thread Information