Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex, slower heart rate

Cipralex, slower heart rate

It seems like i just cant win, i get anxious when my heart rate is fast and lately my heart rate has slowed down and its making me anxious, i have been taking cipralex for just over 2 weeks now, although i know i train quite frequent which makes your heart stronger and not beat as quick, mine is down to 49 bpm at times, now i know when i was training most days a few years ago the slowest i got my heart rate down to was 45 bpm, and i am no where as fit as i was then. Does anyone know if the cipralex would slow my heart rate down at all ?? Thanks Paul x

hi paul. yes my heart slowed down by about 20bpm since i started cipralex, Cya Vernon

Sorry Paul but i have NEVER checked my pulse. I figured it would give me something else to wory about so I just don't do it.

I have enough problems with blood pressure that the doc is not happy about even though I am on meds for it so I try not to add more complications - lol

Hope you are ok.

Nicola

Hi Paul, I don't really check my heart rate but the other day I phoned up welsh blood to give blood and was told if my pulse was over 60 bpm I could do it, But due to my medication it may well not reach 60 bpm ( I take propanonol and cipralex)
    So I decided to check it and its just under 60 bpm and i'm real unfit.
    I would say that your meds are working by slowing down your heart rate and your fitness adds to your decreased heart rate, I wouldn't worry too much about it just try and chill and not over analise things. Take care Tara x

Hi Nicola, I have just been told that my blood pressure was very high, I know I was anxious when I had to go to doctors, but he checked it, it was 210/90 I was already taking 80propranolol SR for about two years for anxiety, but he upped the propranalol to 160mgs a day, but they gave me an awful head muzzy, snd nauseaous, so I rang doctor this morning, and he has put me back on 80mgs, and told me to cut the 40m gs tablets in half making it twenty, is there a difference in the SR Release ones and the tablets, can you tell me. I dont know what has put the BP up, but I am so worried I have one of thos machines,
    Can you tell me what to do, and whether it is alright to go back down to 80 after 2 weeks, he just doesnt want to know. Can you tell me id yours has been that high NIc. love Blossomxx

Blossom

Sorry but I dont have that medication knowledge to answer.

mine is about 150/90 and they class that as high. The 90 is the one they worry about Bloss but 210 is very high - it should be 100 + your age.

Has the doc told you it is high?

Nicola

Blossom. Nicola, thanks for your reply, I was unaware that I had high BP, I have been having problems with the agoraphobia, etc., and not been out, so when I had to go to the doctors, guess I was worked up, he put me on 4 X40 propranaolol, but they made me very woozy, so rang him and he told me to cut them in half, however the top one was not going down it was about 186/59, dont know what that means really, this was on a machine we have at home, but when I had to go to doctors yesterday, he took the BP and made it 196/90, and then he asked me how long I have had BP, I explained to him, I never knew till he told me a month ago. So now he has put me on 80mg SR Propranalol twice a day. one morning and one at night, but I feel so woozy in head, and giddy, was told the bottom one was low, when I take it at home on those automatic machine,s so dont know what to make of it, all I know is that I dont feel very well on them, have to go again to see the nurse in two weeks. He puts everything down to anxiety. Horrid doctor he is, no time for anyone.Does anyone know what it should be.

Blossom

Try this site ...

http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc2500.htm

It explains it.

Sorry you are feel bad - I don't know why they keep pumping you with drugs. They should be helping you to come off them not giving you more!

Nicola

Dr has just put me upto 20mg of cipralex, hope it works better. and pyschologyst i am working with wants me to induce panic attacks by going to places where they might come on, very scarey thinking about this, sorry not been about for a while

Hiya
    About 12 months ago doctor put me on cipralex. I can't say i noticed anything about my heart rate but it gave me (this gonna sound silly) really bad twitches in my hands [V] and felt like a zombie. So i stopped taking them which i know i shouldn't of done really.
    Tracy
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information