Thread: Visual Disturbances

Visual Disturbances

Ok... I need some advice... I seem to have visual disturbances sometimes of like little starbust and like awhile ago i saw like this black dot that was fairly big and it came for a sec and went away... and sometimes i see like blue in the right of my eye... I have had CT scans anad eye exams n everytihng n everything comes back normal.. does anyone else have problems like this? I get very very very nervous sometimes and start to shake, get tingly/sweaty hands ns tuff when i think something is wrong with me.. is this normal to be seeing this visual disturbances?

Hi

Sounds like your describing a classic panic attack & i can assure you its nothing to worry about honestly.

Have you seen books on anxiety by Claire Weekes? she covers alot of ground on this subject, its well worth looking into. (It was also the first bit of great advice i got when i first joined the forum)

Hope this helps

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Well its 5:42... and i went to sleep 2 hours ago and woke up scared and trembling because of being nervous... This gets soooo irritating :( I just want some kind of relief and someone to just be able to tell me i dont have brain tumor or anything.. I have had like 3 different CT scans from 2 different doctors, blood test, and almost everything there is to do... The only thing that was ever found out to be wrong with me is "hyperventilating" because my oxygen level was too high or something

hye i get black dot and funny eye very often .. (everyday at moment) for me they normaly get worse when am tired, and panicy...

doctore say it nomal but in time will go away

always loved never fotgotten..
    www.justgiving.com/kylefaldborggraham

FLOATERS
    Floaters

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Re: Visual Disturbances

I get the blue thing too! Although mine is sometimes green!
    I thought I was going insane at first, and after seeing four doctors I've been told I'm fine. My dad seems to think it's a case of if you look for something when looking at an object or you're not really concentrating on what you're looking at but thinking oh god what if it's there in the left corner, you're not focusing on say the TV you're watching you're effectively making yourself go cross eyed etc.
    I find it hard not to do it, and not to freak out, and ofcourse people saying "just don't yhink about it" does NOT work in the slightest, but I do believe acceptance goes some way to hopefull getting rid of it some day. The more panic attacks I have the worse it gets but my panic attacks are about my eyes so it's all a vicious circle. I try to move from where I am, change the lighting, get a drink of water, take 6 deep breaths and then go back to the situation. Doesn't always work, but sometimes it does!

Thread Information