Thread: Panic when I'm with the guy I like/love :(

Panic when I'm with the guy I like/love :(

So me and this guy have been extremely close for nearly 2 years now and everything was fine. Until he expressed romantic interest in me and suddenly I just panicked. I pushed him away to the extent that we barely talk anymore. But even now, if he is attending the same party as me then I will just panic and not want Hinch there. I know I have feelings for him and I have confronted them and so o, but why do I just panic. I want to be able to go to the same party as him without having to leave and have a bloody panic attack or be sick. It's so easy to talk on text but in person I just get panicky sometimes. It wins all fine when we were just flirty friends, the second it turned into something more I just can't handle it. I want to be able to function whilst in the same bloody room. I don't want to stop going to a party simply because he is there?? How can I solve this. Oh and as a result of my anxiety/panic attacks, I will feel PHYSICALLY sick due to all of this, so if I learn that he is attending that party, I will physically feel ill :(( I just don't want this anymore.

Re: Panic when I'm with the guy I like/love :(

Well the trigger would appear to be going from flirty friends to him expressing a love for you. For some reason your mind/brain cannot accept this and perhaps counselling may help.

For the anxiety though, I found Propranolol to be a great help, it takes away the physical symptoms and in your case, you can take it 1 - 2 hrs before the party, as it take this long to get working.

Its prescribed for after dinner speakers and such like as a quick fix for nerves and anxiety and it is banned in sports.

This may help to get you over this panic syndrome.

Thread Information