Thread: Struggling...needing reassurance/advice

Struggling...needing reassurance/advice

Hello,
    Sorry to post again just I'm really struggling and just feel like it's getting worse. I'm not getting anywhere with the health system and really don't know if this is still dp/Dr as I feel like something has really altered inside and I'm really struggling to grasp a little bit of reality. It's 24/7 and so intense I just don't know what to do.
    I feel:
    Like a completely different person like I don't know myself and this isn't my life. I feel like I've just been placed here in this body and don't know what or where I am.
    People/places feel so unfamiliar to me like I'm in someone else's life.
    Constantly scared that there's something really wrong with me like a tumour or onset of Alzheimer's and I keep thinking why is no one helping when I feel so bad inside.
    I feel like I can't remember what 'normal' feels like so I'm constantly trying to figure out if I really am ok or not because I feel like I just don't know...
    The list goes on I just find it so hard to explain how bad it's gotten and if I try explain it just sounds like I'm repeating myself every 5 mins but to me it feels different and just really not right. I feel so wrong in my body and life like something has really altered. I even question If I even have been here before or if all this is real and i generally feel like I can't remember being here because it feels so strange to be this person. I really feel like I've either gone mad, dying or something serious is happening.
    I'm so scared that it's got so bad and that it's not going to get better.
    Many thanks x
    Last edited by Sugarplum001; 08-09-16 at 18:42.

Re: Struggling...needing reassurance/advice

Hi, how are you now?

Hi, how are you doing now? It does sound like dr/dp and I know it's horrible but it will pass. It may feel like it but you're not going mad, dying or ill, it's just the anxiety that's making you think that you are. Have you tried any meds or therapy for this? I know it's really horrible, but nothing bad is going to happen to you and it will go away.
    I find distraction helps the best, so try and keep yourself busy by doing things you enjoy.
    It may seem like it's not going to get better, but it will and you must keep reminding yourself of this.

I feel just like you do sugarplum and it's so scary. I just want to feel like the old me again. I think I've had a bit of a breakdown tbh after severe stress in my life. I suffered with it about 6/7 years ago and it went away but now I'm scared I'm going to be stuck like this :-(

I started 50mg of Sertraline 9 days ago now and it reduced my panic attacks hugely. I'm hoping I feel more like me soon. If you aren't already taking medication see your doctor and try something. I was on citalopram for a few years and it worked well but gradually stopped working.

It's so damn tough but you much relax as much as you can. I've been literally forcing myself to the gym because I'm hoping the exercise will burn off some stress, such a struggle believe me. Fresh air, reading, watching films with earphones in all helps.

Hope you feel better soon x we are going to get better :-)

Hello, just come back on as still really struggling and seen my post had replies...thank you. How are you doing now? have you felt any improvement? I've really been pushing out of my comfort zone but I'm really struggling. The big one at the moment it feeling like I don't recognise the people I love and it's really really upsetting me. As well as feeling strange in my own body and identity I feel like I don't know my loved ones...I know who they are and I know I love them very much but it feels like I don't know them and I keep questioning if they're real?! I feel like I'm going really crazy or loosing my mind. Is this still dp/Dr xx

Hi!
    I am experiencing same symptoms as you. At first it was nothing so major, but me being stressed about it got it worse. What you need to do is try to rest in any possible way. Sometimes reading a book or watching a movie helps me.

You're ok. Trust me. I deep breathe and touch something with an interesting texture, like velvet. Makes me feel grounded. Don't try and"find" normal. You'll be searching, looking at things trying to see if they look normal not distorted. They are normal, it's all that adrenaline inside you distorting things. You'll be fine. Honestly.

Thread Information