I was certain two days ago that I was heading to an allergist. I was having bad sensations in my throat and my tongue even swelled to touch my uvula. My eyes watered and my nose ran like crazy. I visited a doctor (ugh!) and he was stumped. (Usually not a good sign) I worried like crazy and my fear spiked. I had a swim meet the following weekend and I did fine. Once it was over, my symptoms of a severe allergic reaction were dying down. You get what I'm hinting at? Well, it turns out that I was never allergic to anything... I just had horrible anxiety. I ended up cancelling the whole two and a half hours with the allergist. Today, my symptoms are completely gone. The doctor had me on this strong allergy med. that helped the symptoms. The whole mystery is how the medicine helped with my allergic reaction symptoms. Well, turns out that your body releasing the same kinds of things into your body under stress making your immune system unable to fight those awful reactions. So the medicine helped fight! Blah, blah, blah, science, science, science... I'm cured!

Well not exactly... I still got this awful anxiety. I did learn though that I am a worrier. I can make a simple scratchy throat into strep throat in a matter of minutes. It all has to do with the human mind. We can actually make ourselves have these reactions all through worry and fear. Well anyway now I'm trying to relax a little more. My mom gave me this "worry stone" that was previously hers. It is a little polished, color stone that has like a thumb indent in it. I carry it with me everywhere! When I'm worried, stressed, or feeling overworked I rub that stone with all my heart! I also am doing some zentangling art to put myself into a little trance