Thread: Strange feeling

Strange feeling

Hi!
    I am 18 year old man. Recently I feel so different at times. It all began with a panic attack a month ago.
    Since then I have been immersed in existential thoughts and am not Abel to sleep because of panic about death. I have started to question everything.. even things like education, entertainment as i they are something new and unwanted. I opened up the newspaper and had to remind myself this is my world,when I woke up had to tell myself it is okay to exist.
    I feel animal like suddenly. Everyone else doesn't feel human but like animals, I don't know what made them feel like humans before. I mean like walking and talking creatures and not that special human ability I used to perceive them as. I felt strange on waking up, light headed and I feel like I just reside in my head, my body doesn't matter much. Like I wish to be invisible and floating. My house and sky felt strange, It feels strange to travel, I feel like I am just like a small moving person in this big universe.
    However I do not think this is unreal but just strange.
    Can anyone relate?

Re: Strange feeling

Yes, I can totally relate to this. Don't fear it, with time you will get used to it and no more anxiety will come and those symptoms will gradually decrease. Also, there must be some reason for you to develop DPDR, as usually it does not stay so long.
    I know it feels weird and all, but try to think about it in this way.
    Those feelings you experience now are the same you would experience if you got attacked by someone for example. The only difference is that if you get attacked by someone, the feeling goes away once it resolves. With DPDR, the problem is that those symptoms stay and don't usually go away so soon. Once you spend some time with those feelings, your subconscious brain starts to wonder why you feel so bad and puts you those existential ideas. Like, those ideas are not real, it is just something your brain offers you as a possible reality, but it isn't trust me.
    Like, literary everyone has felt DPDR attack in their life, for example in a threatening situation. This is just normal fight or flight response, it is just that for people with DPDR that flight response has problem turning off. It might go away on its own in time, or it can stay until adressed properly.
    You need to try to figure out why you have developed DPDR. Maybe it is due to past trauma, or family problems, or anything not so positive.

Thread Information