Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donations to No More Panic - a breakdown

Re: Donations to No More Panic - a breakdown

I am pretty sure that when Nic started NMP the idea she has was to give people support whatever background and financial status they have and that it shouldn't be restricted to only those who can afford the support.

I get what you are saying about making member only forums but which ones would you make members only? not sure there is many that would be suitable.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I'm not sure, Venus. It was just something I noted on OCD UK's forum when I was searching for some information a while back. Looking at theirs it seems to be more the light hearted stuff, a bit like what your chat room would be used for I guess but with something that is there all the time like the games threads on here. The obvious question is, what is that worth? I guess it would look like Misc, Games, Pen Pal, type boards. It hardly seems worth it though looking at that. I wonder why they do it?

yeah I have seen other forums do it too but totally agree with you about it doesn't really seem worth it.

There has to be something that makes people want to join just for those bits I guess... maybe people just think they are missing out if they don't become a member or some bizarre reason like that

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I still think that a blanket membership would not work.

a) There are other free sites available that people would turn to (we know this site is great, but how can a brand new user realise that?!).

b) If people are looking for a safe place, during a time when they feel vulnerable and need help, I personally don't think it is the 'right' thing to do, to ask for money.

c) Paid memberships for the majority of sites are almost a thing of the past in this day and age... The only places I (and most other people I know) pay a subscription to are music and TV services.

If the person you are talking to does not appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear. Winnie-the-pooh

Up ahead they's a thousan' lives we might live, but when it comes it'll on'y be one. Ma Joad

Ricardo - the new chat room will be a one-off cost of $199 and I guess the only other cost may be for upgrades but I haven't looked into that.

If you start charging membership fees then you can end up with someone getting disgruntled about what that fee is for and then having a bad day and asking for the money back.

If you are forced to pay for something you have high expectations of what is on offer and I don't think that would work well here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Are you happy with that cost of about £125/130/00 Nic.

Membership fees will never work, so I agree as we could finish up with threads of "I paid more than you so there"

Well I am trying to get a discount on it Ricardo but they haven't replied yet.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola

Not been on for a few years as all was ok for me .

Back on and i must say this forum was a life saver for me (safe google) and full of advice from you and the members .

I really mean the above it helped in my recovery

Your a Hero as are all the helpfull members who continue to help out .

Donated a tiny "tenner" wish i could send more via pay pal but off work again .

A quid now and again from the massive user base would support this site i hope some peeps give as well a take .

Thanks Nicola

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Thinking out loud .....how many members are on the forum ?

Nicola

Would you have any objections of getting funding via posting this forum / awareness of elsewhere ?

1 in 4 people suffer from anxiety / depression ....surely a lot would donate .

The forum is at the top of most search results .

Just thinking of what i could do to help , please pm if needed i have a messed head but very good at making money ( not vast amounts ..lol ) but an awareness campaign could help support forum .

Mel

I know I personally forget to donate. Just seeing this thread was a reminder to do it again. I can't donate a ton, but once in a while can give a little for something that has been so helpful to me over the years. Every little bit helps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information