Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you accept dpdr?

Re: How do you accept dpdr?

It definitely is worse when you fear the anxiety/panic, but I just can't seem to shake off my fear of it. Even if I could, I'd still not want to experience anxiety and panic attacks, and so I'd resist them, and that what you resist, persists, as we all know... :(

Feeling lot better, might be herbal medications or vitamin B, or most likely positive thinking. Noticed that my thinking has become more positive.
    To anyone suffering, it does get better!

I'm so pleased to hear you're getting better. Positive thinking seems to be the key.... Wish I could do it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    I'm so pleased to hear you're getting better. Positive thinking seems to be the key.... Wish I could do it lol.
    What helped me was talking openly about my feelings and also having a relative that has recovered, and that gave me hope. Ever since that I remeber about the hope which in turn has made me think more positively about future and generaly feel better.

I can only imagine how helpful it must be being able to talk about your feelings. I, on the other hand, only speak about my anxiety with my boyfriend and therapist. I'm pleased for you, though.

Gonna see the therapist on tuesday.
    Generaly feeling better, however I started noticing some memory problems and feelings like I can't feel what is present. I've read that these are normal for dpdr, but still kinda freaking out.

I also don't feel present in the present moment when I'm having dp/dr, and it is very unsettling. I'm seeing my therapist on Tuesday, too, lol. I hope it goes well.

Talked to therapist today. He said that what I am describing is indeed dpdr and that i am using it as some sort of defence mechanism from anxiety and stress and that he will try to find the root cause of why is that happening, to be exact, why do I respond to anxiety in such a way.

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Also, I read somewhere that severe Anxiety can cause multiple personality disorder and amnesia, is it true? Is there a posibility that I would get it?

To answer to the question you asked in your latest post: no. Anxiety cannot in any way cause multiple personality disorders, amnesia, psychosis, or any other mental or physical issue (other than physically manifesting through your symptoms), nor can it kill you or drive you insane. Insanity doesn't work that way.
    Just a note on the symptoms: my therapist and I talked about it this morning, and I asked her why I always got dp/dr when I'm under a lot of pressure and anxious, and she said that different people reacted to stress in their own different ways. Some would get extreme headaches/stomachaches/dizziness, and others, like you (and I!) experience these mental phenomena. My therapist tells me that I use them as defence mechanisms, too, btw.

Is it common that I feel bit more depersonalized after doing sports such as running? Decided to start daily running as I've heard it kind of helps anxiety in the long run.
    Should I be doing sports or should I stop?
    Last edited by viking111; 06-12-16 at 18:00.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information