Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How do you accept dpdr?

Re: How do you accept dpdr?

He's right on that part. The less you fear it, the less you panic the better it gets at accepting it. The first thing we cant do is victimize ourselves nor say it our faults. It's neither, it's just a state of being and a defense mechanism. Listening to calm music helps, yoga helps, meditation helps at least calm the body and mind for a time being but the main part is breathing. I know how it feels when you have a bad day, mine kick started by the intake of medicine that didn't sit right with my mind and stressed my body and mind more, on top of that being ill and unable to do anything doesn't make it any better. The confusion and anxiety crippled me. My parents think I am faking it but to be traumatized and have a defense mechanism such as this has made me cry consistently for a week. The only way to calm down at first. I found out, ON MY OWN, (Because my mother refused to let me have a therapist) crying helps message the inside of your stomach where most of the emotions, stress and everything happens. Now I am getting better by taking yoga classes, doing meditation, rating how bad each attack is and intercepting it with breathing techniques as soon as I feel it coming and accepting the after effect which is dp/dr. Also by simply accepting this is how my brain is perceiving the world for now because we simply just need rest, to slow ourselves down and to literally practice smelling the roses again. Being on our own and able to clearly think through such a disorienting feeling. A clean and organized Environment helps also, being in nature and taking organic approaches help. Medicine is not a guarantee help. it is up to you on how you want to rewire your brain and slowly come back to the real world. It's best to rewire thinking positive by telling yourself "This is simply an imbalance in the brain and body and it will pass" rating your attacks one to ten. having positive things to do to occupy you, like going and having fun, doing something you've never done before, travel sightsee. Dont let it stop you from living. trust you are here ont his earth for a reason. Otherwise the saying goes "If you dont have anything positive to think, then dont think at all, just be." and my friends it's best to just be and breath. Breathing is the essence of how we function, when having an attack you get less oxygen to the brain and more stress in the belly so learning to breath is the most basic step to getting less attacks and a more calmed body. The mind is like a computer, it needs to be reprogrammed and rewired to think positively and clearly through such disorienting feeling. Always have love and support around never just stick to two people or a depressing environment change things up. Add many more different faces and connections to your disorienting world, talk about it freely explore the different feelings it gives in that present moment and you'll slowly start to smile again and feel happy even though you feel it still there at times. I promise guys it gets better. Stay on the positive, fight the negative with all your might. I am doing my best, I just got done having an episode and to come home to a supporting family is the best thing I could ask for. Because I can scream, kick and cry and know that they'll be there to hug me and tell me it's okay. and YES I came home and kicked everything, I cried, I hit everything begging to know the answer behind this and seeing all your guys answers has made me feel immensely more positive about it. I didn't drown in the negative, I climbed out and I felt myself wake up, even if just a little or for a little while. It means there hope for a brighter better future. Just dont give up. Have your break downs, cry and scream through if you have to. Just make sure to have support. No negative people or surroundings. Even a moment of prayer helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariesa View Post
    He's right on that part. The less you fear it, the less you panic the better it gets at accepting it. The first thing we cant do is victimize ourselves nor say it our faults. It's neither, it's just a state of being and a defense mechanism. Listening to calm music helps, yoga helps, meditation helps at least calm the body and mind for a time being but the main part is breathing. I know how it feels when you have a bad day, mine kick started by the intake of medicine that didn't sit right with my mind and stressed my body and mind more, on top of that being ill and unable to do anything doesn't make it any better. The confusion and anxiety crippled me. My parents think I am faking it but to be traumatized and have a defense mechanism such as this has made me cry consistently for a week. The only way to calm down at first. I found out, ON MY OWN, (Because my mother refused to let me have a therapist) crying helps message the inside of your stomach where most of the emotions, stress and everything happens. Now I am getting better by taking yoga classes, doing meditation, rating how bad each attack is and intercepting it with breathing techniques as soon as I feel it coming and accepting the after effect which is dp/dr. Also by simply accepting this is how my brain is perceiving the world for now because we simply just need rest, to slow ourselves down and to literally practice smelling the roses again. Being on our own and able to clearly think through such a disorienting feeling. A clean and organized Environment helps also, being in nature and taking organic approaches help. Medicine is not a guarantee help. it is up to you on how you want to rewire your brain and slowly come back to the real world. It's best to rewire thinking positive by telling yourself "This is simply an imbalance in the brain and body and it will pass" rating your attacks one to ten. having positive things to do to occupy you, like going and having fun, doing something you've never done before, travel sightsee. Dont let it stop you from living. trust you are here ont his earth for a reason. Otherwise the saying goes "If you dont have anything positive to think, then dont think at all, just be." and my friends it's best to just be and breath. Breathing is the essence of how we function, when having an attack you get less oxygen to the brain and more stress in the belly so learning to breath is the most basic step to getting less attacks and a more calmed body. The mind is like a computer, it needs to be reprogrammed and rewired to think positively and clearly through such disorienting feeling. Always have love and support around never just stick to two people or a depressing environment change things up. Add many more different faces and connections to your disorienting world, talk about it freely explore the different feelings it gives in that present moment and you'll slowly start to smile again and feel happy even though you feel it still there at times. I promise guys it gets better. Stay on the positive, fight the negative with all your might. I am doing my best, I just got done having an episode and to come home to a supporting family is the best thing I could ask for. Because I can scream, kick and cry and know that they'll be there to hug me and tell me it's okay. and YES I came home and kicked everything, I cried, I hit everything begging to know the answer behind this and seeing all your guys answers has made me feel immensely more positive about it. I didn't drown in the negative, I climbed out and I felt myself wake up, even if just a little or for a little while. It means there hope for a brighter better future. Just dont give up. Have your break downs, cry and scream through if you have to. Just make sure to have support. No negative people or surroundings. Even a moment of prayer helps.
    Wow, thank you for the awesome advice. I am feeling lot better since it started (two months ago), but I still feel kinda off. I am seeing a therapist and I can say that it slowly does help me and that I've improved lot since it started.

Recently hit 2 months of this terrible thing, however all my time hasn't been so terrible.
    I've progressed a lot I can say. I no longer feel so terribly anxious like I did the first week where I was literary anxious every second and saw no escape from it. I also feel like my derealization and depersonalization has lessened a little bit and I no longer experience those scary and unpleasant vibes or feelings I used to. Existential thoughts are almost completely gone too. Right now I am just stuck with that weird fuzzy vision and feelings of no emotions. There are times when I feel better and feel worse, however it is much better than it was and I believe I am slowly progressing and getting better.
    Also one more thing I wanted to ask to anyone who might know, should I continue exercising, such as running? For me, when I run, I start to feel like my symptoms are a lot stronger which could be due to fight or flight response being activated. Like, it feels bad but I am not scared of it, but I also don't know if I should continue exercising as it clearly also triggers this for me.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information