Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Daughter

My Daughter

So today my wife and I travel up to East Stroudsburg, PA as my daughter will graduate college tomorrow. The pride I feel as a father I cannot put into words. She will graduate with a degree in education and pursue her passion for teaching young children. She wants to teach kindergarten or 1st grade.

Many of you know that my daughter suffers from anxiety and depression. She was pretty bad off and even suicidal at one time. As a 21st birthday present, I took her to get her first tattoo. It's the suicide semi colon with wings that she had put on her inner wrist to remind her to always keep going. My graduation present will be another piece of art she wants on her shoulder.

The point of this post is to say you can recover. She was around 18 when she came to me and told me what was going on. It got so bad that she took a semester off of school while getting treatment. Myself and her mother made sure she got help. With meds and therapy she's made tremendous progress. It's not been easy and she's had some setbacks but she persevered and tomorrow will be a testament to her determination and tenacity.

It still comes down to taking the steps to do so. Talking and acting are two different things. I hope this inpsires some to take the anxiety bull by the horns and do something to help yourself. You can recover and live life to the fullest!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-12-16 at 16:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: My Daughter

Wonderful story FMP. A nice start to the weekend.

All the best to you and the family.

I hope you and Marcia have a wonderful day tomorrow as you celebrate your daughter's graduation.

Great story. It's wonderful that she has chosen a career with children... She will be so empathetic to the many who suffer from anxiety. I am an educator too and can attest to the great number of kids today suffering from anxiety. Enjoy your trip and congrats to your family.

have a great day, its inspiring to read your words most days they really help me, but to hear how well your daughter has done is something else.
    will be thinking of you all

Many Congratulations to your daughter on achieving her goals and dreams Mark

Have a great weekend.
    Cath x

Hope you had a great day Fishman. You must be so proud. All the best xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So today my wife and I travel up to East Stroudsburg, PA as my daughter will graduate college tomorrow. The pride I feel as a father I cannot put into words. She will graduate with a degree in education and pursue her passion for teaching young children. She wants to teach kindergarten or 1st grade.

Many of you know that my daughter suffers from anxiety and depression. She was pretty bad off and even suicidal at one time. As a 21st birthday present, I took her to get her first tattoo. It's the suicide semi colon with wings that she had put on her inner wrist to remind her to always keep going. My graduation present will be another piece of art she wants on her shoulder.

The point of this post of to say you can recover. She was around 18 when she came to me and told me what was going on. It got so bad that she took a semester off of school while getting treatment. Myself and her mother made sure she got help. With meds and therapy she's made tremendous progress. It's not been easy and she's had some setbacks but she persevered and tomorrow will be a testament to her determination and tenacity.

It still comes down to taking the steps to do so. Talking and acting are two different things. I hope this inpsires some to take the anxiety bull by the horns and do something to help yourself. You can recover and live life to the fullest!

Positive thoughts
    Congratulations to your daughter and I hope you all have a great weekend.

That's lovely news.

Congratulations!! She sounds like an inspiration. I am really happy Marcia got to be there for this as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information