Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol anxiety

Re: Alcohol anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by Matylane View Post
    Im 33 going on 93 lol.its all me and my mates have ever done since being young teenagers meet up in the pub at weekends most of us are just glorified drinking buddies if we didnt meet in the pub we wouldnt see each other.I understand where your coming from i know ive got responsibilities to my son i just meant i dont have work commitments.i am a bad dad today but tommorow he will have me back and i will do my best to make it up to him.my girlfriend is in work tommorow so we will have a good old dad and lad day

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Thanks i have to get through this for my son hes the only thing keeping me going lately.i wont be a deadbeat dad like i had i just keep losing focus and i need a way of reminding myself how it affects everyone else when i go on a bender
    LOL Mat Iam 45 going on 105!! so yeah know what you mean but you are still a young lad lol Nothing wrong with having a few beers with the boys! But think you need some hobbies to What neck of the woods you come from if you don't mind me asking? And no one is suggesting you are a bad person or trouble maker at the pub Hey a lot are and do my bloody head in and I give them a wide berth Can I ask what your brain injury is, and how did it happen Mat? Cheers

Thanks nora

The other thing is which you know is you have to look after you as there is one of you if you get me. So while you have found a good outlet don't over do it!!! And we all make mistakes lol after all we are human Have a good day with your son!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    LOL Mat Iam 45 going on 105!! so yeah know what you mean but you are still a young lad lol Nothing wrong with having a few beers with the boys! But think you need some hobbies to What neck of the woods you come from if you don't mind me asking? And no one is suggesting you are a bad person or trouble maker at the pub Hey a lot are and do my bloody head in and I give them a wide berth Can I ask what your brain injury is, and how did it happen Mat? Cheers
    Im from wigan so not much else to do apart from drink lol.i got Punched outside the pub and fell back on the kerb fracturing my skull and i got a bleed on the brain.i was really lucky they told my family there wasnt much chance of me pulling through i was in an induced coma for a while

Every thread you've started since last year is the same issue. People repeatedly have advised getting help with your drinking issue.

Serious question: What do you expect people to say at this point?

I hope you take the steps needed to help yourself.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Im from wigan so not much else to do apart from drink lol.i got Punched outside the pub and fell back on the kerb fracturing my skull and i got a bleed on the brain.i was really lucky they told my family there wasnt much chance of me pulling through i was in an induced coma for a while
    LOL Yeah know what you mean their isn't much round there to do Ouch that's bad I would say you were mate The thing is you did pull through which is great news but that was bad a experience for you. What effects does it have on your daily life?

Seems like you're stuck in a cycle.

Which is normal. I am stuck in many cycles.

My advice would be look at the long-term, and decide if alcohol is negatively effecting your life.

If it is...

...please do not wait until its too late to change. Do not wait for a "wake-up call" because by then it might be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Every thread you've started since last year is the same issue. People repeatedly have advised getting help with your drinking issue.

Serious question: What do you expect people to say at this point?

I hope you take the steps needed to help yourself.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks for the reply.Like i said im abroken record it just helps to talk to people im not expecting any miracle advice i know that its me that needs to get it sorted my girlfriend has given up on me ever getting my head around it

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    LOL Yeah know what you mean their isn't much round there to do Ouch that's bad I would say you were mate The thing is you did pull through which is great news but that was bad a experience for you. What effects does it have on your daily life?
    Physically im pretty much back to myself its the mental issues ive been left with that affect me most.the other thing is the fatigue i get shattered half way through the day and have to cat nap

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Seems like you're stuck in a cycle.

Which is normal. I am stuck in many cycles.

My advice would be look at the long-term, and decide if alcohol is negatively effecting your life.

If it is...

...please do not wait until its too late to change. Do not wait for a "wake-up call" because by then it might be too late.
    I should be able to just cut it out when i can see how its affecting my life but the thing is in a few weeks i will tell myself im not doing any harm going for a few pints and the cycle starts again i dont know what it will take to drill it into my thick head!

Thanks for the reply.Like i said im abroken record it just helps to talk to people im not expecting any miracle advice i know that its me that needs to get it sorted my girlfriend has given up on me ever getting my head around it
    Thank you for the honest reply.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

Physically im pretty much back to myself its the mental issues ive been left with that affect me most.the other thing is the fatigue i get shattered half way through the day and have to cat nap

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

I should be able to just cut it out when i can see how its affecting my life but the thing is in a few weeks i will tell myself im not doing any harm going for a few pints and the cycle starts again i dont know what it will take to drill it into my thick head!
    Yes that's me too Chronic Fatigue and I don't have to do a lot to get me at that state either so can relate to this deffo!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information