Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anger in public

anger in public

sometimes when im in the town all the noises around me seem to get louder and sharper and more intimidating. i start to feel as if this is not my lucky day and that im in the wrong place at the wrong time. The more i try to survive it all, the more im suffering. I found the perfect solution has been to leave the most populated area and head for somewhere quiet and peaceful where i can cool down, unwind and think about somthing less stressful than noisey people and noisey colours everywhere..he he he. Local parks with trees and birds in are a blessing to us all, we just have to get to them and we are rewarded.

Re: anger in public

You say the word anger in your thread title, but not in the comments. Do you mean the noisy town you live in makes you angry as well as anxious? Which part of the UK do you live in? I agree that retreating to the nearest open space can bring relief from a busy town or city which can overwhelm our senses. I'm lucky enough to live next to a lake as well as the sea, both of which have a very calming effect when i'm feeling overwhelmed.

ISB

yes the anger is inside because of all the kaos of the Town. The sea makes me feel uneasy, ive just moved down to the south coast from north London. i much prefer a river for peace.

I think I understand. Although rivers ultimately lead to the sea, they are much more gentle. ..and you get to see the what's on the other side

ISB

My oldest son once got sent to the principal's office when he was in first grade, for standing up in the middle of the lunch room and yelling "Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!"
    Of course I had to scold him for it, but inside, I understood.
    I sometimes have the same urge when I'm in the middle of a noisy crowd. I can't understand how anyone stands the noisy chaos. Yet some people seem to thrive in such situations, and go out of their way to create them. it is aggravating, and yes, solitude and nature are the antidotes.

We're all different Dan, some people thrive in chaos and others thrive in quiet places like you do. I guess we have to accept and respect our differneces. I hope you find the peace you obviously crave.

ISB ☺

Thankyou for your comment.

I've found that in the last few years, I have difficulty in crowded environments, mostly in stores while shopping. I do fine going to a show or event or while I'm performing but in stores? Ugghhh... Mostly it manifests itself as irritability. To compensate, we've taken to doing our shopping at off peak hours.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    yes the anger is inside because of all the kaos of the Town. The sea makes me feel uneasy, ive just moved down to the south coast from north London. i much prefer a river for peace.
    Oh You aint the only one welcome to the horrible rat race I hate it with a capital 'H' so any rural setting with a lake, river running by, birds chirping, Cows Moooing I often think modern man over looks this quite world sometimes, sad really! Cheers

I agree I have to move to a noisy city to for my work and I feel uncomfortable, when I have holidays, I always get back to my peaceful hometown with my family I am treated there.
    Lưu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information