Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Depersonalisation crisis

Depersonalisation crisis

Hello everyone,
    I've been struggling with depersonalisation for almost 16 years now, and it's got worse for the past several months. In all this time, though, it's never occurred to me to try and combat the sensations by doing some of the techniques detailed on this site, and so I thought I'd post a link to it in case anyone is interested in having a read or in giving the techniques a try.

http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum...d.php?t=112615

Re: Depersonalisation grouding technique

Harris Harrington's DPDR recovery problem also seems promising. He explains that for most people DPDR is due to childhood trauma that hasn't been processed. So processing trauma by writing it and remembering it strenghtens your brain and helps with DPDR.

That's good to know. I lived through war as a child, so perhaps that had a negative effect on me... or maybe it was something else that's caused my DP/DR. Who's to say? All I know is that it's a terrible thing to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    That's good to know. I lived through war as a child, so perhaps that had a negative effect on me... or maybe it was something else that's caused my DP/DR. Who's to say? All I know is that it's a terrible thing to experience.
    Yeah, that could be a childhood trauma too. I'll try to provide more info once I finish the ten hour course, but if money is not a problem, I highly recomend buying it for 100 dollars as it has already helped me a lot understand this disorder and why it is like it is for me.

Whoa, a hundred dollars! Do you get to talk to someone to address your issue specifically or is it more of a generalised course that's not really personalised?

Whoa, a hundred dollars! Do you get to talk to someone to address your issue specifically or is it more of a generalised course that's not really personalised?
    Yeah, it is expensive. And there's 12 videos with him explaining how DPDR actually works and how to overcome it by trauma procession. It's not really personalized, but when you think about it (at least me), I can relate to 99% of things he says about family trauma and such things.
    Once I finish I will be able to tell more about this.

I'm glad to hear you've found something that works for you and that you are finding it helpful. Has it helped reduce your DP/DR?

I'm glad to hear you've found something that works for you and that you are finding it helpful. Has it helped reduce your DP/DR?
    So far combined with therapy sessions, I can say that I feel 50% better compared to how it was the first week. I no longer have anxiety and those feelings of myself have reduced in some form, though I still feel kinda spaced out and everything looks fuzzy, but I surely see some form of progress.

That's brilliant news; I'm happy for you. Therapy is very useful as it gives you the tools needed to combat the condition, and the course you're doing appears to be the added bonus. How far into these videos/course are you?

Somewhere in half. Like I've covered the main reasons why DPDR is formed and how family systems develop DPDR. Still gotta learn how to deal with it and process trauma that will be covered in the next videos.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information