Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if you don't enjoy being around others

Re: What if you don't enjoy being around others

KeeKee, you are not boring. There are many people that feel the same as you, including me!
    I don't think it is necessarily ALL people, it is the right people. A good friend is even someone you can sit with and say nothing sometimes.
    Now you are having a fresh start in life, let everything happen naturally. x

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Dave, you flirt!

---------- Post added at 06:54 ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 ----------

Before the anxiety I was always pretty sociable. I still am now when I'm in those situations, my anxiety just doesn't want me to go there in the first place.

But weddings, big yawn. I was ducking out of those well before the anxiety. "Well done mate you're getting laid tonight". What is there to say beyond congratulations? I'm more for it being a private thing. I've always found them somehow a bit false with being a celebration of how great someone's life is. The only useful thing was the booze ups.

KeeKee, don't forget Vladimir!

I think Beatroon is right. If you could access something like Dave does with Changes, you will find others like you as mental health groups are like this place.

Moocow - it's friendly on here. Many of us have the odd argument but it soon blows over. The good far outweighs the bad. There are plenty of men who would say they don't want someone else's mental health baggage regardless of someone working. It's often about some level of compromise on both sides.
    Terry think that's the 'key' to finding what's available in your area KeeKee me time is great ok, but too much of it is bad for you, seriously, see what MH services are available to you in your area Remember that the changes come from you Cheers

I agree with Carnation. Not all of us are life and soul of the party types. There are so many "sheep" these days-people just trying to fit in by copying certain stereotypes. That's boring-not you. Be an individual with your own views and opinions-it's such a refreshing change from a lot of young people your age.

Having people you really like in your life isn't always that easy. It's a gamble going to mental health group meetings and not for everyone.

Sorry for the late response I did read the replies, Terry I had to Google Vladimir hahaha. Thank you all its nice to know I'm not necessarily 'boring'.
    I'll try to embrace my individuality from now on. I try to think of it this way, if I fake who I am for people to like me, then eventually the true me will shine through, so if I'm liked for who I really am, then there will be nothing to hide and they like me for me.

I have to admit, mental health groups (or any other group) don't appeal to me. I've never been a sociable person. One of my siblings is the same (although they don't care what anybody thinks of them whereas I do). I think it's just who I am, but obviously the anxiety prevents me from working which means a crappy life as no money to buy nice things :-(

Maybe I should take my siblings stance and try to just not care what others think
    That way I'll not care that I don't want to join in conversations etc. I'll not care that I hate the sun and love the rain, at the end of the day what is the worst thing that can happen even if I'm not 'liked'. Obviously I'll need to sort my body image issues out too as leaving the house is getting harder and harder due to the warmer weather.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply I can always count on you all.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Sorry for the late response I did read the replies, Terry I had to Google Vladimir hahaha. Thank you all its nice to know I'm not necessarily 'boring'.
    I'll try to embrace my individuality from now on. I try to think of it this way, if I fake who I am for people to like me, then eventually the true me will shine through, so if I'm liked for who I really am, then there will be nothing to hide and they like me for me.

I have to admit, mental health groups (or any other group) don't appeal to me. I've never been a sociable person. One of my siblings is the same (although they don't care what anybody thinks of them whereas I do). I think it's just who I am, but obviously the anxiety prevents me from working which means a crappy life as no money to buy nice things :-(

Maybe I should take my siblings stance and try to just not care what others think
    That way I'll not care that I don't want to join in conversations etc. I'll not care that I hate the sun and love the rain, at the end of the day what is the worst thing that can happen even if I'm not 'liked'. Obviously I'll need to sort my body image issues out too as leaving the house is getting harder and harder due to the warmer weather.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply I can always count on you all.
    You Know KeeKee Not everyone will like you and vice versa you know, I have to come to learn this over a period of time I think your siblings are correct on this stance, so take a leaf out of their book The other thing is you may find in mental health groups you actually will have a kindred spirit with each other, so common ground there and think the support frame work will be in place too! So don't rule it out altogether Yes I feel the same the better weather is on it's way and I try not to think about it as I have my changes groups and social meets to look forward to Where as 6 months and beyond I had nothing to look forward to. And yes you will need to change your image a new you will be great you have to start believing and when you do you wont look back and will say to your self why didn't I do this years ago. Start you recovery now KeeKee If I can do it so can you
    Cheers
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 01-03-17 at 15:39.

Yep I agree in regards to not everybody liking you and vice versa.
    I wonder why I care so much what others think of me. My siblings and both parents are the kinds of people who don't care whether they're liked etc they'll voice their opinion and so on (I'll usually not dare say what I think), it's strange as my last therapy was kind of implying you pick up these things in childhood but I certainly didn't. Guess it's just more individuality :-)

Do you not really like the Sun either? It's been a mixed day today, thankfully it was pretty dull when I went to the school so that was a good thing. My daughter is away next week so I'll only have to go to the school on Monday to pick her up and Friday to collect her. Will be very strange, the furthest away from me she has been is a couple of miles sleeping at a relatives.

I've come to believe of myself that I care what people think if I think I could disappoint or hurt them. Otherwise, it's more what I think about myself. The latter holds me back, the former more guides me.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Yep I agree in regards to not everybody liking you and vice versa.
    I wonder why I care so much what others think of me. My siblings and both parents are the kinds of people who don't care whether they're liked etc they'll voice their opinion and so on (I'll usually not dare say what I think), it's strange as my last therapy was kind of implying you pick up these things in childhood but I certainly didn't. Guess it's just more individuality :-)

Do you not really like the Sun either? It's been a mixed day today, thankfully it was pretty dull when I went to the school so that was a good thing. My daughter is away next week so I'll only have to go to the school on Monday to pick her up and Friday to collect her. Will be very strange, the furthest away from me she has been is a couple of miles sleeping at a relatives.
    Well I think its because you want to create a good impression towards other ppl it's a natural response as for your siblings they probably do have a handful of ppl they class as friends as these sort are friends because they 'respect' the views from them. Yes seriously dont like the nice weather because of what I posted earlier, but as things improve for me this should fade away Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information