Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel weak, pathetic

Feel weak, pathetic

I saw my therapist this week and we went through what i'd work on. She wrote it down as a list.

The thing is, they are all things I need/want to work on, but I feel overwhelmed by it. People around me are doing all sorts and they are not overwhelmed, but yet I am overwhelmed by a list of things for me to work on. It makes me feel weak, pathetic etc.

The things are, starting a new group at the day centre, carry on with doing my walk out each day but trying to do it part of it alone, working on getting to a shopping centre, learning more social skills (I also have social phobia), and then using them at the group at the day centre. And also working on going into the local town once a week with my parents.

I've been trying not to think of it as alot to do, but it's making me panicky etc. Can anyone relate to all this?

Heather x

Re: Feel weak, pathetic

Hiya hun,
    Try not to worry too much. easier said then done i know. Break it down and work on one thing at a time. Little bites make it easier to digest. Its true.
    Your not weak at all hun. Infact you are very strong to be really working hard at getting over this. you should feel really proud of yourself.
    Dont be so hard on yourself hon.
    Take care
    Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

Hi hun..
    You hear all the time that you need to "face your fear" to get over it, which IS true, but i've found that if we put too much pressure on ourselves then it can backfire and make us worse.
    What i suggest is the same as Blackie, take one step at a time. Focus on one thing and try to feel comfortable doing that before you start on another goal.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hi Heather hun,

Your not pathetic at all, i have followed all your posts and seen how much progress you have made, so be proud of yourself hun .

If you manage to succeed in just one little challenge a week, thats a way forward, so dont you be overwelming your self!

Have a hug from me too

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Well I think if it were me (cos I am just like you and can't have too many goals on the boil at once) I would just choose one of those things to work on each week and if you happen to accidentally do one of the others great.

Also I do try really hard only to live in the day that we are in - I find if I do that then I don't look too far ahead and that helps me not to get too overwhelmed.

I am finding the Paul Mckenna book and cd 'How to change your life in 7 days' is very slowly beginning to work some magic on me and there is a free link on my thread that Mystics kindly put up for the cd - so you could see if you like it before forking out on it. I listen to it 4/5 nights out of 7 and have been doing since May. Look up all threads started by Piglet on my personal profile and you'll find the one I've done about coping better with agoraphobia recently - the links on that.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...t=21355&page=2

There you go.

Love Piglet
    Last edited by Piglet; 13-07-07 at 14:05. Reason: To add link

Hi everyone and thanks for replies. I agree about taking things a step at a time.

It's getting to me because the plan is like, Monday do this, Tuesdays do that, etc. I just feel it's too much. All the things are big things to me. I left a message yesterday to speak to my therapist, I want to tell her how I feel about things.

Piglet - Thanks for your link, i'll have a read of it. Also I do a Paul Mckenna CD too, I have the Instant Confidence book and CD. I got it about a week ago, I was doing it everyday, but then stopped. So I need to get back to doing that everyday. It does relax me.

Heather

Love Piglet

Hi Heather,

Glad you contacted the therapist to tell her how you are feeling, im sure she will understand, you go at a steady pace hun !!we are all behind you , One step forward is one in the right direction .

Hugs to you too

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

heths it's amazing how similar what your saying is to the way i feel often, i actually meant to come on here and start a thread about feeling low and weird and stuff but yours caught my eye as it's how i feel too.

i've been feeling really weak recently, but i keep pushing on and keep reaching for my goals and things Maybe i focus too much on them and that's a problem, but i know there will come a day when i will feel stronger, and i'm sure there will be for you too! Hang on in there!

Hoppi

Re: Feel weak, pathetic Update

Thank you all for your replies.

Unfortunately i'm feeling low today. I spoke to my therapist today and the conversation didn't go too well.

I'm now torn over what's the best thing. What I feel comfortable with or what they say is best.

All I know is i've felt overwhelmed. But maybe I should just do what they say? I don't know.

Heather x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information