Thread: Alcohol & Panic Attacks

Alcohol & Panic Attacks

It a major trigger for alot of people?

Re: Alcohol & Panic Attacks

Yes Leon
    I tend to steer clear of it now unless its a special occasion or something and even then i only have one or two drinks at the most because of the way i feel next day is just not worth it...my anxiety goes through the roof.

I found the hangover situatuon lowered my resistance to anxiety and the following couple of days were just too yucky to deal with. A couple of glasses of wine were fine but anything more I had to ensure the following day was a calm one.

i only need a bit of alchohol and this triggers severe anxiety the next day, i think i am dying its so bad my heart races i go dizzy i get skipped beats its just terrible. Al my mates just get up with a sore head me i feel like my heart is going to stop.

yeah, same here which is a shame because i used to love drinking. i was good at it too.
    i think it's because hangover symptoms mirror panic...elevated heart rate, increased blood pressure, the general feeling of dehydration...but knowing this hasn't stopped the anxiety from kicking in.
    i'm like samc100...just have to make sure the next day is going to be a calm one or i'm off to the races.

Really gets on my nervous i up now coz i went out last night far too anxious too sleep all symptoms seem to mimic a stroke or heart attack so i am majorly paranoid

I been suffering from severe gastritis where it effects my breathing my mentality and the way i am . Its all because of bad dieting and exessive drinking , its hard cause my friends always ask me out for drink , Im just learning how to deal with it in moderation , but im happy to start this new life !! Im gonna keep going so all the anxiety and panic attacks just fade away !!

good on you renegade its hard when you have been in a culture of drink all my frieds do it my family and my girlfriend, everything seems to revolve around drink sometimes so its tough to keep your mind occupied

Its nice to have one or two glasses if just drinking socially, but if you drink to get drunk the effects are just not worth it, cause it just enhances the mood you in already. As everyone knows its a depressent so if u feeling real low and drink it just makes you even more sad.
    And of course the more you drink the more u need as the days go on.
    My body and mind can just about tolerate it for about 2 days, after that the hangovers, withdrawals and everything are just not worth it!!!!!!!!!! Richie xxx

Hiya

Just thought that I would share some things with you all as I count you all as friends or certainly people I can have a good jangle with now or people whom will let me vent my spleen

, bank holiday kicks off Friday, came home from work with a takeaway, had lager in the fridge so I thought a shandy with fried rice etc would be a nice night, my son no 1 informs me that he has dropped his dad off at the pub already and hubby would like me to join him, didn't go thought its just not worth the hangover tomorrow (Sat) I had to go into Liverpool to swap some school clothes. I knew Liverpool would be heaving, so I was called all the anti social whatevers! Saturday up with the dawn went into Liverpool One, had lunch sorted myself out etc, Sunday loomed so I got ready for Matthew Street took some really low alcohol wine with me, then met in-laws on the train, they were gobsmacked that I wasn't going back home and making a night of it, (why does everything have to centre around sitting in the bloomin alehouse! surely after 7 hours you've had enough) Again husband went I was left in I am anti social now because I don't drink, Monday got up cleaned the house, actually saw the bottom of the laundry basket for once, in laws phoned again at 4pm alehouse open again so off they all went, me I spent the evening on guitar hero on the playstation with my daughter, sister and teenage son strongest drink taken was tea.
    Husband came home later I was not bothered.
    me and the lads had watched that fiim about the hangman which gave us loads to talk about, again we are anti-social because we don't drink! (my lads do drink they are both students but believe in moderation ie one or two nights a week)

I would love to go out get *************** and wake up ok the next day, the truth of it is I can't it is just not worth putting myself through all the anxiety etc

Since all this started my in laws, husband and so called friends think I am being funny, I am not I have found a life outside the pub I am enjoying my kids,still getting out and about managing to work so its not all bad is it?

Pele you can come and visit us anytime mate

sorry for the rant but I am not weird am I ?

love Heather

Thread Information