Thread: new here/pains in my right hand side

new here/pains in my right hand side

hello everyone. i used to write here a few years ago and left after a year or so of therapy once i felt my health anxiety had passed. i am now 23 years old and seem to be suffering again.
    the trigger was that over the past week i have had pains in the upper right hand side of my torso (just below my ribcage) which i had been trying to ignore till the pain was more severe today. i then made the awful mistake of googling my symptoms and have had my first panic attack in nearly 3 years after reading about gall and liver problems. i got myself in such a state and even began thinking thinking of the nasty 'C' condition :(
    i'm currently waiting on a call back from the doctor to see what they think. i am terrified of the doctors and a sucker for ignorance is bliss, but know it's the right thing to do in case i am ill.
    was wondering if anyone here has experienced anything similar and had advice on how to cope with the worry?

hope you are all well,

e.

Re: new here/pains in my right hand side

i wouldn't worry too much, like me you are young (i'm 18) but i had these pains too for about a month - i had an ultrasound on my gallbladder which was normal and now the pain has almost completely gone, its just sometimes uncomfortable. see how it goes x

thanks for writing. i went to the doctors and it turns out i had pulled the muscle between my ribs somehow. i still seem to be having my doubts as it really feels more like some kind of cyst is in there, but i know the doctor knows more about these things than me.
    i will say though that the symptoms have got much better. it's almost as though my worry created most of them. no nausea/dizzyness or temperature to speak of anymore. it's strange what our brains can do sometimes.

x

Trust your Doctor.I,ve pulled those muscles (a few times!) It can be painfull.Especially the ones under the ribcage at the side.That is proper pain !!

Thread Information