Thread: Ovarian cancer worries again

Ovarian cancer worries again

I have got myself all worked up again about ovarian cancer, about 6 months ago I had an ultrasound, ct scan and a normal ca125 blood test, but the last few days every time I eat I bloat and have pain in my upper abdomen and awful burping etc, feel terrified there is something sinister going on, anyone had anything similar or could offer some advise I would be really grateful as I literally cannot think of anything else x

Re: Ovarian cancer worries again

Can anyone help with this? I be read that the ca125 isn’t always accurate and ct scans cannot see small tumours on the ovaries

Hi honeybee,

Please don't worry you have had all the test and they were fine, it's just your anxiety, once you stop worrying the symptoms will go.

Big hugs xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybee16 View Post
    Can anyone help with this? I be read that the ca125 isn’t always accurate and ct scans cannot see small tumours on the ovaries
    An ultrasound has a high resolution and is able to see cysts etc on the ovaries and the blood tests are used as added security. The CT scan takes it to a whole new level of accuracy in fact having it was over-kill!

I have an ultrasound every year but that's because I had a large ovarian cyst (size of a tennis ball) many years ago (it was benign), so it's essential for me. Have one if you must but keep it to once a year when you see your gynecologist.

It sounds like you HA is causing digestive issues with the burping and feeling full.

Thank you so much for your replies, sometimes hearing it from other people just makes you take that second to breathe and think straight. Thank you Xx

Thread Information