Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling of pressure in my head

Re: Feeling of pressure in my head

I think I have had something similar before, to me it felt like my face was a mask, or made out of something hard, or just stiff, even though itwasnt physically.

Re: blurred vision

if you have blurred vision its serious and anyone that doesnt take it seriously is a bad doc. so go see someone else, and you people with pressure in your head tell the doc you have blurred vision and they will get you a scan. I have had to lie through my teeth to get anything done and found out, and I found something that I would not have found if I listened to them. So just say I have blurred vision for however long and it has gotten worse recently.
    I have told my docs that certain types of cancer runs in my family when I found a lump and they would not give me a scan.

I agree that this head fog/pressure is very annoying, but i think it lingers around and worries you the more you focus on it. Do you find that when you focus on something that takes you out of yourself that you are not aware of it so much?

i feel pressure on my head too which makes me panic and go dizzy, plus my vision seems to go blury, it comes and goes every few days. i'm pretty sure it must be anxiety or stress related too but at the time when i feel the dizziness i somehow manage to convince my self that i must be terribly ill, and it scares the crap out of me!

Hey there everyone. I suffer the same as you describe here
    i am 19 and have had anxiety for nearly 6 months now. I worry about my health an awful lot. I have been to my doctor countless times about pressure on my head and he always says the same thing anxiety related. I used to worry it was a brain tumor. With the pressure i feel i get heavy eye lids and a throbbing in my left temple. I feel kinda hazy and on occasion my head feels tender as though bruised. You may not believe it but i have come to learn that our minds can cause physical sensations that we believe are serious. To jump straight to the conclusion of a brain tumor is rash. I did the same thing a few months ago. There are different signs to a brain tumor than mere pressure on the head. If not anxiety it could be a sinus problem or a small infection in the ear. I constantly get reassurance and often look on the internet for advice and a peace of mind. When stressed the body reacts in many ways. A few years ago i was in hospital due to stress because i was getting seizures and severe head pain. Stress can give you all the symptoms of a serious health issue. Have you visited your doctor? Maybe for tablets for stress? I am on propanol which is a beeta blocker and it has releived my panic a month ago i wouldnt even leave my house. Try breathing techniques. Take a deep breath throigh your nose and as you do imagine a blue gas like thing entering your nose . . . This is good. When breathing out imagine a red gas like thing . . . This is you allowig the bad thoughts to leave your body. It could also be tension related i get swollen neck and shoulders and noticed my pressure started then. Im sure your fine but if you are still worried i would suggest a visit to your doctor. I do doubt it will be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Many times the headache associated with a tumour is so bad that it makes you vomit.
    My mum recently had a bleed on the brain which caused her to have a pressure headache. I don't think you can mistake it - she described it as 'like a thousand migranes'. And yes, it did also make her vomit which made her incompetant GP think she had a virus! But it was swiftly followed by confusion and vision problems. And I don't mean anything like what you get with anxiety - I'm talking not recognising my voice or seeing anything out of her left side.

I'm no doctor, and its always good to be careful, but I get anxiety headaches/confusion/head pressure and I think they're fairly common symptoms. I've had this 7 months so pretty sure I would know about it if it was anything more serious x

I get terrible pressure in my head and then after a few hours "twangs" It feels like my eyes are bulging and my ears are about to explode, and my sinus' too, I'm 100% sure it's down to anxiety, when I lay down I get pressure on the opposite side of my head like something inside is pressing against it, it's wierd and I ended up going to the hospital and doctors, turned out I was majorly run down due to all the anxiety, and had as the doctor said "Music up to my ears" I never thought of this cus' I didn't even have a runny nose, but she said she could actually see the mucus behind my ears when she looked and at the back of my throat, anxiety has so many symptoms and can effect your body in so many ways, it can be worrying, but I'm with you liam, it's stress nothing more nothing less!

I also have head pressure very badly ! ive had it off and on for 5 years ,,but its pretty constant ..ive had mri and mrv also a ct scan done ,ive been to eye doctor ,neuro doc ,and heart doctor ,and I am waiting on ent appointment soon ,,I wish I could help but I haven't found no relief myself so annoying and mine feels like a constant sinus infection my nose has been stuffed for years and pressure in front of head top of head and on sides .....

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

may I add I get ringing in ears ,and hummimg sound ..when I bend over its way worse feels like my eyes and forhead will blow its so awfull ...all test have been clear at this point my doctor wants me to do a spinal tap but I said no

Quote Originally Posted by precious78 View Post
    I get this as well which omes and goes. It's like my eyes feel like they are bulging out of my head and I get ringing in my ears.
    I get this to on and off during the days. I would love to get an mri/ct but my dr isnt very forth coming. :( xx

Red face Re: Feeling of pressure in my head

Go to Mayo Clinic and searc for Pseudo Tumor Cerebri
    I had all the feelings you are describing and I suffer from PD and severe panic attacks.
    I still have attacks (not nearly as many) because a lot of my symptoms were being caused by IIH or Pseudotumor cerebri. It is non-life threatening disease that causes you the have excess spinal fluid in your head.
    You may want to ask your doc about this.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information