Page 46 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: from citalopram to venlafaxine, good stories please!!!

Re: from citalopram to venafaxine good stories please !!!

Hi Pink,

Home now so I have a bit more time. I know you won't want to google it so I did it for you. Wikipedia (not always the most reliable, I know, but I've seen this in a research paper somewhere else) says this:

'Venlafaxine extended release is chemically the same as normal venlafaxine. The extended release (controlled release) version distributes the release of the drug into the gastrointestinal tract over a longer period than normal venlafaxine. This results in a lower peak plasma concentration. Studies have shown that the extended release formula has a lower incidence of patients suffering from nausea as a side effect, resulting in a lower number of patients stopping their treatment due to nausea'.

This is the way to go for your psychiatrist visit next week. As I've said before though, I didn't notice any difference in the way it reduced my anxiety it's just more convenient and also makes it easier to sleep if you take it in the morning like I do.

I'm still feeling ok but just had an anxiety attack when leaving work for the most pointless reason. It seems to pop up now and again and remind me it's still there. I've now got a horrendously knotted stomach and have resorted to going outside for a cig which I'm sure doesn't help but makes me feel better. I wouldn't care but I stopped before my new year anxiety nightmare kicked in and now I'm at it again. Bloody nuisance.

Going to read for a bit to try and distract myself.

Take care

Pip x

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Well, something you won't see me writing very often but I've worked myself up into a right old state - I'm now shaking and my heart seems to think I've just run a marathon. It's doing a good job of reminding me what some of you are still dealing with on a daily basis. I'm going for a lie down and am going to pop a couple of beta blockers (on doctor's orders) if I don't calm down soon. I've also got a thumping headache coming on and pains in my legs. I just hate this sometimes.

I'm sure I'll be feeling better later and will try and write a more optimistic post xx

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

aw pip, so sorry to hear that, the beat blocker should help the shkes and your heart rate, i;m sure this is just a one off...i really hope so, hope you feel better soon.

thanks for the info xx

Hug to you Pip xx

Hi there,

Thanks for the reassurance! I fell asleep and have just woken up feeling a bit better. Hopefully, I'll be ok tomorrow. I think I need to go and eat something though I'm not hungry.

Hope you're all ok

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi guys, pip hope you are feeling better today, it's so disheartning when you have a bad day out of the blue, hope it's just a blip and you've managed to get through it xx

how are u all today ?

been out to lunch today, went back to my muma nd dad's and burst into tearrs, don't know where it came from, have'nt been able to cry for months, but i think i felt better for it, so on i go, taking each day as it comes...but getting there xxx

Yes, crying is sometimes good for you. xx

kate i don't know where it came from, but it was like a release, how are you doing ?

how are all you guys today?

a better day for me had my parents over for lunch today, and enjoyed the company, feeling a little better again, i think as pip say's it is graduall, but getting there, hope you are all well xx

Hi guys. I'm ok but going through a very hard time. Spent the last 2 days in hospital with my grandad, he has cancer and it's now his last days. So whole family are in bits at the mo. but in myself I'm ok.

Speak soon :( x

So sorry to hear that lou sending you thinking of you xx

Page 46 of 507 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread Information