Thread: Leg Pains

Leg Pains

I am getting these pains in my legs and calf's and I am convinced I have blood clots in my legs. And sometimes my legs and arms feel "heavy" I am driving myself nuts with this and I just can't get it out of my head that it's just another symptom of my anxiety. Also when I wake up in the morning my arms feel like the have pins and needles. Sometimes it last just a few mins and some days I feel it all day long. So of course I am realting this to my heart.....Ugh!!!

Does anyone else get these?

Terri

yes I nearly always get the pins and needles in my arms when I wake up, and somtimes Im obsessed to the point of checking the colouring of my arms to see if one looks slightly bluer than the other etc etc... usually can convince my self the left one is worse, hence pending heart attack!!!!!!!

The leg thing I get periodically as well as a sharp pain under my left shoulder blade in a very specific point, which of course I associate with a furred up artery.....

Why we do it I dont know... but yes my dear anxiety it is, the whole bloomin lot xx

Hi Terri,
    i get similar feelings in my legs too. I get sore spots and twinges in my calf muscles and can only think it is caused by tension. Sometimes i get strange feelings on my feet like something wet has has dripped on them when there is nothing there!! Very bizzare! I also get a tingly left arm which used to worry me but i do find i am too intune with my body and any new feeling sets me off.
    hope they ease soon, kt x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

I was terrible for worry of blood clots in my legs and arms. My last visit to the Dr. I straight out told him I was afraid. He told me that if there was a clot is would be red, inflammed (kinda hard ) and hot to touch.
    Since then I feel better about it because I check for those symptoms and then go on with my day.

TT

TT

Hi Terri

Heavy arms, healy legs, tingling (pins and needles) - Oh yes, I suffer with these - absolute pain in the neck!!!!

But agree with everyone else, just another symptom!

I have spoken to my gp and many others in medical profession, but all seem not too worried. I have had blood tests, blood pressure taken and all the normal things - all of which are normal.

Sometimes it is worse - I just now accept it and try to go with the flow.

Hope this helps a little.

Elaine XX

Hi,
    I get alot of pains in my legs more than anything else and yes, I too think it to be of a serious nature. THe pains in your legs are probably just tension and the same with the pains in your arms.
    I hope that you are feeling better soon...
    Pm me if you ever want to chat
    Bye for now
    Take Care
    Chucklehound
    xxxxxx

I have the same thing in my legs. It is mostly just caused by tension so don't worry as it's nothing serious..

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

You have to be high risk to get a clot in one leg and its extremely rare to get clots simultaneously in both legs and nigh on unheard of if you're up and about and doing activities of daily living.,

Its been high profile in the media and in womens mags .. these are to be regarded as drama texts and not a snapshot of daily life

Leg pains are often a hint for more exercise or just after exercise

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi, i had a lot of calf pain...felt like they were going to burst or I had just ran a marathon...but I hadn't. The Gp said it was tension and my pains in legs and arms were somatisation...ie.stress manifesting itself as pain...hope that helps

Dave S

Thread Information