Thread: Please help, so needed right now

Unhappy Please help, so needed right now

Hi guys, pretty new to all this, I have been living with health anxiety for the last I would say, 8 years.

At first I thought I had a heart condition, and to tell you the truth it was like that until late last year, constant fear and panic, luckily that has eased up now but sadly it would seem something has taken its place, I am at my wits end, I have a feeling I may have something very wrong in my stomach/belly

I have been to the doctors around 4 times in the last month, the doctor has felt my belly and said the lumps I can feel are just tissue lumps and they are harmless, I had full bloods done at Xmas and it all come back normal

I am so obsessed with my stomach and the area, people keep telling me it’s just my anxiety but in my head it just can’t be?

I’m 25, have 2 beautiful kids, she is 3 and he is 1.

The issues I am having is belly pains, pains when I feel like I need to go to the toilet, too much info I’m sorry

Aching in my back, a feeling of bubbling in my tummy almost like it’s gurgling
    I am off my food, can’t seem to be anxiety surely?

I feel like wherever I look, Facebook, google, shops etc, it’s all about cancer and other illnesses that it’s a big trigger, everyone is telling me it’s my anxiety but I am right and they are wrong, that’s how I think anyway...

These things are just dragging me down so much, I can not focus on anything and am struggling to break the cycle..

Been on 100mg sertraline
    Phenergan I think it’s called, I don’t take much as it scares me, makes me feel drowsy etc
    Omerazapole for acidity

Honestly am so sick to death with this, it’s killing me, please tell me I’m not alone with these symptoms

Thanks guys

Dan

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Please help, so needed right now

I'm sure others will post reassurance regarding your symptoms, which I think are being either caused or made worse by your anxiety. But have you been offered any other AD meds? It appears sertraline is not cutting it. You could try increasing to 150mg, but I feel something has to be done as I sense your desperation.

I would go back to your doc to discuss this, Dan.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    I'm sure others will post reassurance regarding your symptoms, which I think are being either caused or made worse by your anxiety. But have you been offered any other AD meds? It appears sertraline is not cutting it. You could try increasing to 150mg, but I feel something has to be done as I sense your desperation.

I would go back to your doc to discuss this, Dan.

Thank you for getting back to me, I am so scared right now, had lower back pain most of the day, went to the toilet and it was a really really dark brown colour.

It is also harder than usual, I just know though that next ones could be so soft it’s unreal, really am worried, not sure where to turn, I am thinking about this every second now, partner and mum seem to think I’ve pulled my back, I obviously feel like it’s stomach cancer or colon, never been so scared in all my life, and my back still hurts, how do you over come this hell

Hi while a little reassurance is good it just feeds your cycle that you are currently in so it's not healthy for you to get it Yes anxiety or more to the point HA can bring on symptoms too which convinces you even more that you have something serious with you when actually you don't if that makes sense! Here is a sensible tip for you, if you have been doing it, Stop Dr Google it's a proven fact time and time again to make things much worse than they are. The first priority is to get a appointment with your dr and discuss your HA with him/her and ask for some help to manage this, it may be meds and or therapy or even anxiety meetings you could go to, now is the time to tackle your HA and calm the dragon ATB

Thread Information