Thread: worried sick

worried sick

help people i need your advice

my mum has had bowel cancer removed about 5 years ago it was a very stressful time for us all and i went to pieces mum stayed strong for me as always .

yesterday all my fear came back to me when i saw a tub in the bathroom for a urine sample and asked her what it was for she said she thinks she has a water infection she says she also had blood in her urine once she doesnt seem concerned but i am i looked it up on the net and now i am scared senseless she may have bladder cancer i wont rest untill the results are back which may be about thursday i am fearing the worst

Re: worried sick

Im sorry to read about your mum and I can understand why you would be worried but lots of people get blood in their urine , Ive had it 5 times in my life due to a nasty infections. your mum could well have the same thing , its very very common.

Another thing is this, my nan had bladder cancer and its a very slow growing cancer that can be kept under control with yearly treatment , my nan got it aged 46 and lived to 79 . Please try not to worry hun , try and think of the present moment .

Hope your mum feels better soon

thankyou for your support mirry xx

Hi, sorry to hear about your mum, btu I agree with Mirry you can get blood in your urine for all sorts of reasons doesn't have to be cancer, although we always fear the worst don't we. Try not to worry (not easy I know)
    Lesleyb

hi please try not to worry i no its hard but your mum cud well have a water infection its common to have blood in the urine with a water infection .my sister to had bowel cancer age 39 i also worry wen she gets blood in her urine thinking the worse as usual but her results come back as water infection cystitis hope this as helped you a bit tc i no how your feeling tc elaine xxx

Hi Freda, Sorry to hear about your mum it is usually us who worry more that the person with the illness. The first thing you done was look it up on the net, no matter what symptom you look up on the net you will always come up with the worst case. Don’t look up on the net I have done this so many times and have been sure I was going to die many times. as the others say its pretty common to get blood in urine and water infections are very common in women, Try not to worry urine tests don’t take long just hold on and don’t goggle. Take care. Vernon

thank you all again for your much needed support your always there for me when i need you xx

Thread Information