Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Update on my Wife

Re: Update on my Wife

I sincerely hope that you find the right expert to fight for your cause as soon as possible. Over here it's so hard to prove anything with medical mistakes/delays but there are good honest people out there who are prepared to expose fellow medics' bad practice, as is only just.

I think that is really positive news with Marcia's progress FMP.
    You were under no illusion that it was going to be a long road ahead, but the question was always be...'Will there be any improvement?'.
    Well, no answer is YES!!!!
    The excessive sleeping is the building of the recovery.
    Marcia may well need more than average sleeping time, possibly for the rest of her life. Or it could slowly become more normal.
    I have a friend who had a brain tumour and is well recovered, but he needs 10 hours sleep every night. By 9pm, he is ready to hit the sack.
    I think you are doing a grand job for Marcia and her welfare.
    She honestly could have no-one better than you for a husband. x

Thank you for the kind words Carnation. I truly appreciate them.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

All Progress how ever small is very good this road has been a long one for you and your dear wife, you haven't given up and you are both very strong in this battle Positive thoughts to you both

I just want to send healing prayers for you & your wife. I think you are awesome in the way that you handle everything. You still have the time & energy to help others on here & no doubt in other places too !!
    You are one of the worlds good guys !!

UPDATE: 9-10-2017

A year ago today my wife was admitted to the hospital with what turned out to be a devastating illness. Today, as I watched the 1st Eagles football game of the season (they beat the Redskins 30-17!), she snoozed upstairs for a few more hours after sleeping for over 12.

My thoughts at times today have varied between worrying if my wife is Ok (I checked on her twice during her nap) to being totally absorbed in the game. My life has changed in many ways as has hers. She just doesn't recognize it as I do. I'm blessed she's still here and if there was a positive to all of this is that I love her and care for her more than ever.

Be thankful for your blessings. All I know is when you actually have to face a challenge, you'll rise to the occasion. What other choice do you have? No one is going to do it for you. There may be times that you cannot even see past the next hour but believe me, you will.

I struggle too. With my health issues and now my wife?, it's difficult to maintain a positive attitude at times. There are often more challenging days then there are good days but each and everyday starts off with the same hope. It's Ok to have a bad day as long as you keep a hold of that hope and don't beat yourself up too much when you get your ass kicked once in a while

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Wise words indeed FMP. Hope.

Thank you.

N.

Just catching up with your thread FMP.

Your words are very wise and very true.

None of us know what the future holds for us. Where we will be, how we will live, what we will be doing, what challenges we face.

We can only do our best, find our strength from deep within, learn by our mistakes and our elders and try to make our lives comfortable and give love to those that are dear to us.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread Information