Saw my Psychiatrist yesterday for the 1st time. Aside from her saying I'm a complex case and that she doesn't think I'm bi-polar or skitzo. I was referred for adult ADHD which she doesn't want to label me with or give me drugs for because of the current state I am in just now. She thinks I'm having bad withdrawal from being on venlafaxine for 10 years (with no therapy, just upped dose each time I couldn't cope with life).

Saturday I had to call NHS 24 as I was battling the evil thoughts of ending my life and was sent to the pschiatric ward and spoke to a doctor there and that helped. I've had one attempt to use my car but I came to my senses.

So now I feel better knowing why everything around me has crashed around me. And that I can blame this drug for my sleeping continually and not getting up to take kids to school. I can also blame it for my continual weight gain according to my psychiatrist. Those are the two reasons I started a year ago dropping the dose with a view to come off them.

She thinks another month and it should be out my system, it's been 3 weeks since I last had any as I'm now on Citalopram and valium.

Anyone else experience this, apparently not many do have this withdrawal.