Thread: Prednisolone

Prednisolone

Has anyone else been on Prednisolone before? I just finished up the last dose yesterday morning after tapering down. It was meant to clear up sinusitis before a CT scan, but it seems to be really messing with me now that I'm off of it.

I feel so tired and slightly depressed since stopping. I know this is common, but I thought the tapering down would prevent that. It was a short dose. I just started it last week.

I had taken this before and the only side effect was bad heartburn. I never had this issue before.
    Last edited by meant2live; 12-09-17 at 22:44.

Re: Prednisolone

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you

I would mention it to your GP. Not because it's something to worry about just that perhaps the taper was a bit sharp?

If the issue is that the steroids have interrupted normal steroidal production, the body will right this but it does cause the mood drops & fatigue.

Yes, I think I will if this continues into the day tomorrow.

Would they put me back on?

I'm not sure. If you were still tapering off then I suspect they would because they would want to stabilise it and reduce more slowly to prevent this.

I guess they might consider it if you are struggling with it.

Having anxiety alongside this will make it seem harder too. You are not alone in this one, there have been several threads like this. One poster who is on most days and went through it is Benjammin69. He raised a thread about his experiences coming off this not long ago on this board.

Hi 👋🏻

I have and I am still going through this it's awful, it would appear that not everyone gets the withdrawals but I got and still have bad withdrawals I have had to go dose so many times. It is all to do with your adrenal glands that produce cortisol (natural steroid) - prednisolone stops the adrenal glands producing cortisol so if you come off too quick then you have no wake me up and get up and go - it seriously mimics clinical depression. I have done a few tapers and all of them have been too fast, how quick did you taper down? How long have you been on it?

I was on 60mg for a week, then had bad withdrawal so went back to 40 dropped 5 me each week then got to 0 and crashed so up dosed to 15 and dropped by g every 3 days got to 3mg and crashed so updosed to 10mg and reduced by 1 mg a week currently on 5mg and feeling the withdrawals but trying not to updose but it's hard

I'm not sure about the dosage. It was one of those packs where you take 6 the first day and taper down by one pill each day. I thought it was such a small amount it wouldn't matter, but my first day off of it after finishing, I felt horrible.

I'm feeling much more like myself now.

I'm sorry you had to have such high doses, Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by meant2live View Post
    I'm not sure about the dosage. It was one of those packs where you take 6 the first day and taper down by one pill each day. I thought it was such a small amount it wouldn't matter, but my first day off of it after finishing, I felt horrible.

I'm feeling much more like myself now.

I'm sorry you had to have such high doses, Benjamin.
    It’s awful! Glad u feel better I’m gonna see my doc and see how long will it be until
    I fee abit more normal I’m on 5mg now so it’s the lowest I got down to

Thread Information