Thread: Feeling like something bad is about to happen all the time

Question Feeling like something bad is about to happen all the time

I don't know if anybody else feels like something bad is abot to happen but I've been getting it frequently on and off since just before xmas. Is it normal?

Re: Feeling like something bad is about to happen all the time

Polly when I was acute with my anxiety about 7 years ago I had that horrible feeling too - almost like you do when you know you have a root canal to be done at the dentist.

I seem to feel nervy with a sense of impending doom for months. I think cos now I recognize the feeling, I see it more as 'nerves' and realise that it's all part and parcel of the symptoms and somehow that takes away the mystery of it!

Piglet

Polly I feel like that loads of times.
    If things in my life are going well I worry when things will go wrong.
    Silly really I know cus i should be enjoying the good times and not worrying about what tomorrow will bring.

Bye
    Maggie

HI Polly, isn't the anticipatory stuff awful? I'm the worst in the world for getting sucked in and have to speak sternly to myself to pull myself out of it.

Hi..
    I too have this. Sometimes its just a nagging feeling of unease, knowing something bad is going to happen any time soon, and then at other times it desends upon me like a brick. Wham...i feel awful. I could be cooking or doing my hair and i think "I' going to die tonight". Not that i am feeling ill, or panicky, or chest pains or anything....its very very strange.
    I have not yet come to terms that its part and parcel of the illness, i do believe something bad will/is going happen.

Sarah

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Polly, I just wanted to say that your message really reached out to me. Yeah, I've got this thing too and was never sure if it was a common symptom or maybe my "higher self" trying to tell me something. Just wanted to say that your message kind of comforted me in an odd way, at least I know I'm not alone. Sucks though doesn't it?

Seems like a number of us have this issue. It's like last night when I was trying to sleep, I kept having this odd feeling like something bad could happen or something wasn't right. I didn't feel "normal", I guess. I had heart burn that for a time I mistook as a possible sign of heart attack or something. Ugh. Yeah, this is unpleasant, but it helps me if I just tell myself they're only symptoms and will pass. Up till now I wasn't sure if this was a common thing or not.

I haven't really had a bad panic attack in over two weeks, but last night was pretty rough. I don't know, I guess I could say I had a moderate panic attack but was able to calm myself down.

Ok, I'm ranting. Just wanted to say hang in there. Surely this will get better in time, I notice that when I'm out doing something or really focused on something I don't get that "anticipation" and this may be the same for you too. Distraction, see if you can find a focus to take your mind off of it. Excercise is a huge help too, I really can't advocate it enough.

Good luck and god bless you all,

Dave

Hi
    Polly

Yes i can relate to this symptom too used to be everyday all day not so bad now just now and again....just try to keep your mind occupied by doing something you enjoy as i do it may help

Be safe
    Richard

Hi
    Polly

yes i can relate to this symptom too....used to get it a lot myself .....i found that doing something i enjoed doing like a hobby helped take my mind away from it

Be safe
    Richard

Glad so many people can relate to this. I thought it was a psychic thing at first too but then I realised I'd had the feeling for a few months and nothing bad had hapenned in fact good things have heppenned so it can't be real. I guess it's case of looking back and just seeing if it is real. Which it probably isn't.

Thread Information