Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard Immovable Lump on Side of Neck

Hard Immovable Lump on Side of Neck

Hi all,

Just wanted to vent a little

About a month ago I felt a hard lump under my neck (it's at the back but on the left side).

It's completely unmoveable, doesn't hurt and is hard.

It seems to change in size from day to day and I don't suffer from any of the other warning signs (night sweats, weight loss etc).

My doctor felt it and couldn't be sure what it was so referred me for an ultrasound which is on the 05th April.

I'm still really worried, it's not a great thing to google a "hard immovable lump on neck" nearly every result comes back as cancer.

Anyway, I'd like to know if anyone else has had something similar (I did a search but a lot of people don't say how they ended up getting on after tests).

Take care,

James

Re: Hard Immovable Lump on Side of Neck

Hey dude... I'm going through a similar ordeal at the moment, and also have an ultrasound appointment booked for tomorrow.

I have two, hard and immovable lymph nodes down the left side of my neck; and one on my right. So three altogether, without any sign of an infection or illness - to summon them from their hiding.
    I first noticed them 3 months ago, and since then they have gotten bigger and changed shape; but do not seem as hard – apart from one that is still rock solid.

These lumps have worried me greatly since reading on google its diagnosis for nodes that have these characteristics. However, the doctors I have seen do not seem been bothered by them. (which should be reassuring.)

I hope this helps to know that someone else has similar lumps, I am only 24 and I think that is a reason why the doctors have been how they are.

Hey Worrel,

I'm only 26 so I'm in pretty much the same boat, although I only have the one I can feel.
    The doctor I saw didn't seem worried at all but said better be safe than sorry and that they can usually tell from the ultrasound. He did say that sometimes nodes will just raise, i do suffer from allergies perhaps it's caused it to raise, I'm not sure.

Please let me know how you get on, I'm really interested to hear how you do.

Here if you need to talk mate,

James

I was Going Through The Same Worries Last year. I had A Hard Immovable lymph node on the back of my neck and it Caused me a great deal of worry last year I had to stop googling because all I saw was Bad News. My Doctor examined It and said it was a normal node but my anxiety was telling me it was something sinister. But in Reality Lots Of People have hard immovable lymph nodes I've seen tons of post on here where people had the same and it turned out to be nothing. As Of Today today the Node that Caused Me A lot of Trouble has Reduced in size and i can barely feel it now. I Found Out Constantly Touching The lymph node Will Make it Swell More. Try Not to touch them for a few days you will see a difference.

Yeah mate I will keep you updated.. I've read that sometimes the ultrasound operator will hint that they look benign, but I will still have to wait a week, or so, for the results; and an appointment with the ENT.

Your doctor would have been able to tell if your lump was a lymph node, so since he does not know, maybe we are not in the same boat after all. Even so, my best wishes go out to you. Stay away from Google, it has done me more harm than good the last 3 months!

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Worrel92 View Post
    Yeah mate I will keep you updated.. I've read that sometimes the ultrasound operator will hint that they look benign, but I will still have to wait a week, or so, for the results; and an appointment with the ENT.

Your doctor would have been able to tell if your lump was a lymph node, so since he does not know, maybe we are not in the same boat after all. Even so, my best wishes go out to you. Stay away from Google, it has done me more harm than good the last 3 months!
    Hey mate, sorry - just to clarify, he did say that it was a lymph node.

Positive thoughts though for sure, the chances of it being cancer are really slim.

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fishmanpa, I really appreciate your positive thoughts.

Had my ultrasound today with a doctor who said straight away that they are all benign.

So good news, brother, hope all is well!

Fantastic, I'm really chuffed for you!

My appointment is on the 05th April so I'll let you know how I get on.

Take care,

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_2o16 View Post
    Fantastic, I'm really chuffed for you!

My appointment is on the 05th April so I'll let you know how I get on.

Take care,

James
    I have an ENT appointment on the 30th of march for a lump in my neck (right side). I'll be happy to give you some mutual support because I understand what you are going through

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worrel92 View Post
    Had my ultrasound today with a doctor who said straight away that they are all benign.

So good news, brother, hope all is well!
    Everytime I read something like this it really makes me feel so happy for the person.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information