Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling again with some neurological symptoms 😞

Brain Tumor fears resurfacing :(

Hi everyone. Last year I had a full blown melt down, I was convinced I had a brain Tumor and it ruled my life for about 6 months. I had tingling, off balance feelings, vision felt off and generally felt unwell. This all disappeared with support from friends and family and my doctor.
    Well yesterday I felt slightly dizzy and it all brought all those fears back, I felt off and wobbly and just unwell. Last night I got a headache in the back of my head which has lead to more anxiety, it has eased now. But this morning I feel hot, tired and unwell again. And my head still doesn't feel great.
    I don't want to go back down this road again, I'm already thinking the worst and that im doomed. I have a one year old to look after and I'm just a lobbing on the sofa just frozen with fear thinking all these what if's :(
    The reason I get so worried about this is my eldest brother has had a brain Tumor, which he will always need scans and check ups for. My brother was extremally Ill he couldn't walk, barely could talk, had headaches and was violently sick. It did all start with him suffering headaches though. The doctors said his Tumor os not hereditary and was just a case of bad luck. Now I feel like my time is ticking and its only a matter of time before this happens to me too. I am undergoing counselling right now but my counseller can't see me for 2 weeks so I'm just at a loss for what to do. I'm so scared and worried, and I'm sick of being scared and worried all the time. I know this is a huge post but I just need to get this all off my chest, I feel so down today.

Re: Brain Tumor fears resurfacing :(

You have my sympathies. Health anxiety can be tough enough but when you are in the sad situation of having a close family member having had such a horrible illness it can really hit home hard. Brain tumours are almost always entirely random, there's very little evidence to suggest that they run in familes. Your symptoms are most probably all related to anxiety, of course, caused by witnessing your brother having to go through something so horrific.

Most people would get these symptoms and take them in their stride, but for you that's never going to be easy. What I will say by way of reassurance is that brain tumour headaches, as I'm sure you know, start bad and get progressively worse. They don't really come and go. As for dizziness, brain tumours mostly cause gait issues, like not being able to walk in a straight line or being unable to balance on one foot. Again, this is not a "come and go" symptom, it's there constantly and gets worse.

I do hope your councillor can sort you out a bit. As I said you have my sympathies, it really can't be easy.

Thank you. I do try and calm myself but it's very hard. Yes my brother couldn't walk in a straight line or touch his nose with his finger, he was very ill.
    I just don't feel myself the last couple days and I'm hoping it's virus related. I just can't stop worrying about it being a BT. I'm checking my walking, my balance, everything. Very stressful and upsetting. My counsiller is off for a couple weeks and I really need her right now, wish I could just call her but obviously I cant

You're fine, really. We all feel a bit sickly now and then, and while it's obviously easy for me to say, there really is no reason for that type of thing to point you to a brain tumour. You could have a slight cold coming, some small virus that'll make you a bit ill for a few days or whatever. A brain tumour, again, as I'm sure you know, would kick you sideways, it wouldn't just give you a feeling of "don't really feel myself."

Try to calm yourself as best you can. The odds of you having a brain tumour are so ridiculously low that it's not even really worth thinking about. Again though, I know it's easier for me to say that, and I do understand why you're concerned.

I think it was the headache that really threw me, I can't recall having a headache in the back of my head, my neck was also stiff and sore very odd. I spoke to a family member who said it sounded muscle related or something. Not so sure. It's tbis funny floaty rubbish feeling I'm having thats getting to me as well. Also in exhausted. Does health anxiety ever end

I have the exact same fear everytime I get a head ache I have had one on and off now for a few days and have been treating it with paracetamol which although cheap seems to be working.

Weakness in arm

Anyone ever had a feeling of weakness in one arm? If so how long for? It's been nearly a month for me and I've seen 2 doctors who said anxiety stress/nerve issue. I'm 16 weeks pregnant

Re: Weakness in arm

Yes I have. Recently. But some years ago too when my anx/panic was bad. You will be OK.

Yep, usually my left arm, I still have the same strength but sometimes it will feel fatigued or perceived weakness. Had a bunch of blood work done and Dr says I'm healthy, I have been on Prozac for a month and I fell a lot better.
    Take Care.
    Jeff

Thanks for replies. How long did it last? It's making my HA crazy.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information