Thread: l just can't deal with this anymore!

l just can't deal with this anymore!

I've now been on fluoxetine for three weeks now and after some horrible side effects things seemed to improve until saturday night when all of a sudden I felt so weak and dizzy and had a massive panic attack. Ever since then I've been feeling on edge, weak and tired. If i wake up in the night I don't feel like I'm in control of my body and when I stand up my head feels unreal, dizzy and my hearing is slightly muffled. I really can't deal with this anymore. Can anyone give me any advice? Dan

Re: l just can't deal with this anymore!

MY ADVICE IS SEE YOUR DOCTER PERHAPS THEY DONT AGREE WITH YOU ,SAYING THAT IT CAN TAE 6 WEEKS FOR THEM to work ,sorry about caps i locked by mistake ,your problem also could be ear infection if you were feeling ok ,, lots of things can cause what you feel water infection ,, but also anxiety ...hope you feel better soon x

Well, I'm actually off to the docs now but I must admit, I've been there so many times before only to be told that it's "just anxiety"!!
    "Just anxiety" is totally screwing up my life and even my family seem to be getting tired of it.
    I really am at my wits end and am just gearing myself up to be fobbed off again by the doctor!

do not let him fob you off ask him to check your urine and ears ,,dont leave till he does i was a nurse and if you ask for theses tests they should do them ,say you dont want to end up at christma with an infection as it could be ,,be strong

Well, I'm back from the docs, ended up seeing a female doctor who was absolutely brilliant. She is going to do a 24 hr urine test and refer me to an endocrinologist to rule out some rarer conditions and then treat as extreme anxiety disorder if the tests come back clear.

She spent half an hour with me talking to me about how I feel and my symptoms and for once I actually felt that they were interested in me and the way I feel.

I have to use my diazepam more in the meantime and carry on with the fluoxetine, apparently all of my symptoms can stem from anxiety but she was more interested in ruling out anything more sinister and that made me feel a whole lot more confident in the doctor.

I'm home still feeling hopeless and like I don't want to do anything other than lock myself away and sleep but at least I feel that they are finally taking me seriously....... it's only taken 16 years!

Thread Information