I have had anxiety/panic attacks for nearly six years now and have pretty well had all the symptoms during that time but one I thought I'd got used to was the heart irregularities but they are worrying me again.
I get a fast heart rate sometimes (in fact I think its fast but my pulse is never much more than about 80) but that is my least frightening one, far more scary are the missed heartbeats which are happening daily at the moment whereas I usually get them once in blue moon.
I've been scaring myself silly about this recently (its not happening in the night or at least if it is, its not waking me). Also my palpitations feel like a muscle twitching/fluttering rather than a fast heart beat.
Over the years I've been a few times to the doctors and he's never been able to hear any irregularity - I did ring last week as I wanted to know if my palpitations were the same as everybody elses and he did feel what I described fell under my anxiety umbrella (it was a phone consultation) and offered to put me on the moniter but we both agreed that the likelyhood of capturing it was unlikely. My doctor does know me well and I like him but somehow I'm still fretting about it.
I had such a good year last year with my anxiety and getting out and about on my own but then had a panic attack in Jan while out, which I have let get quite out of hand and unless one of the kids will come out with me I can't much further than the end of the street.
Does anybody else have a) phases of missed heartbeats that are every few hours over a period of days? b) fluttering or twitching heart muscle/beat lasting a few seconds? c) Does it happen sometimes on movement aswell as when you're still?
Love Piglet (I've used the name piglet as sometimes I find it hard to be brave)!