Thread: Ever Have A Bad Feeling? Like A Doom Feeling?

Ever Have A Bad Feeling? Like A Doom Feeling?

I woke this morning with the feeling of something bad was going to happen.I have had it all day and can't seem to shake it.I even took an antianxiety med for it but can't seem to shake it.I asked a question on a questions board last night about something and a med student wrote to me and gave me a answer that i wasn't expecting and I can't seem to get it off my mind although I went on a medical board and ask a heart expert the same question..His answer was a more positive its normal thing..but for some reason I can't shake this feeling and have been concerned about my heart and breathing all day .. Can someone help me put this to rest? It gives me the creeps..I keep thinking how can you know if you really have an heart issue or not? I keep waiting for something to happen..anyone else feel this way ?

I feel it ALL the time. Some days worse than others.
    I can wake up and feel like something terrible is going to happen and it will stay with me until i go to bed.
    Its horrible.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I feel it ALL the time. Some days worse than others.
    I can wake up and feel like something terrible is going to happen and it will stay with me until i go to bed.
    Its horrible.

<div align="right">Originally posted by sarahc - 08 November 2006 : 04:55:46</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Im taking it..that nothing ever happens right? I looked up premonition or having a feeling like something bad is going to happen and everybody there was saying something usually does..Then I read that its mostly associated with anxiety..classic anxiety but I had that feeling ten years ago.I woke with it and couldn't shake it..and about three hours later I spoke with my mom and she died right after I got off the phone with her..But guess that was just one of those things.I do get it from time to time for a few moments and it turns out that nothing happens...but today I couldn't shake it..Its always good to have someone answer you and say "yep" I have it all the time..Its a heck of a lot better than getting on the internet and everyone saying omg..yes and it happened..lol..Thanks so very much you are very kind...I don't know what I would do without all of you ..This anxiety thing is on a downward way ,but I have a ways to go yet..thanks again..Michael

I can relate to that Michael and no it never happens!!!

It is something that has beeen with me for a long time where I would worry about something happening and hey....it didn't!!

The sad bit with your mum may would have happened anyway it was nothing to do with you phoning. I had a similar expeience with my dad!! It happens!!

Hopefully you will get lots of answers...and possible end up with more questions!!

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

I feel like this alot to,for 20 years Iv had problems and hey Im still here.
    Iv had all sorts of tests and they were all clear.Its all part of anxiety pet.
    Take care

Ellen XX

hey, I have that feeling too! Today I made myself an appointment with a psychic cos I thought there had to be something really bad going to happen.
    Now I have to pluck up the guts to cancel the appointment as I have realised I don't want to go but I don't want to upset her!
    It is a common (although your feelings are unique to you) feeling in anxiety and/or depression.
    Try not to worry.
    Take care
    Happyone

Well its 24 hours later and nothing ..I don't think has happened and the feeling subsided somewhat..I read its classic of anxiety..not just to us but everyone.. so well..guess that is that..I wished that I could believe in those people.Its funny I shoud..My wifes mother has one that she has been having read her cards for many years..She has a devout belief in them.I was in her home and this guy read my cards and wifes cards and I sat and laughed the whole time.. and well its funny you should mention those people..this one turned out to be dead on about things that I scoffed about when I heard them and said no way..Go figure, so that just keeps me from wanting to go and believe.. I mean what if they decided to just say .oh no..you are going to die tomorrow..Would that really be prediction or would it scare you into doing something that would make you die..Power of suggestion? Anyway.. It was an experience and I wouldn't do it again,but for the record I have to say he was right..

I've never actually visited a psychic or tarot reader in my life, but yesterday it seemed like a good idea! I'm not sure that I believe either, but I'm too panicky to not believe!
    Like yourself, I worry that something will be suggested to me that somehow manages to happen because my brain is convinced of it.
    Sooooooooo, I'm off to the phone now to cancel my appointment!
    Glad your impending doom feeling has subsided a bit. I do sympathise cos it feels so real when it is there.
    happyone

Thread Information