Thread: Bodily Sensations

Bodily Sensations

Hi there

I was hoping that there may be someone out there who can reassure me. I have suffered anxiety symptoms for many years and have been doing really well lately. However the thing that is upsetting me still are symptoms that I can't explain! Yesterday I had it bad - and when I tried to explain to my husband what was wrong I couldn't. It's not pain, or anything obvious but I just feel odd throughout my body. Almost fuzzy like. Sorry to sound so vague but I am really worried. Does anyone else get anything like this? Could it be anxiety related? I suppose if I knew that it was nothing to worry about I would just get on with it. If anyone can help I would be so grateful.

Hi flatterycat

I feel like this all the time, like I have sensations that I can't explain, or non-specific pains that I can't pinpoint. So if I went to a doctor I would have absolutely no idea to explain what my 'symptoms' were. Since coming on this forum I have realised that lots of people get these weird sort of spacey feelings and that its just anxiety. I can really relate to how you feel, I find that the more I worry about it the more I can get sort of imagined symptoms and then I start to think its something else, it can be a vicious circle at times!

Swarbs

Hi flatterycat.

I have had this symptom before and found it hard to explain. I did put mine down to axiety. I had alot of anxiety symptoms when I was acute, it helped me alot to fined out what the symptoms where and what is happening to my body,This site helped me alot, there are some threads on hole body sensations and I found this which helped me understand things even more, it did put my mind at ease.

The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing.

I know its dame hard, but try not to worry about this, the more you worry about an anxiety symptoms, the longer it can last. As your anxiety gets less, this symptom gets less too. It does go in time.

Have you tried listening to some relaxations CD's. I used to listen to mine a few times a week.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something
    learn as much about it as you can
    knowledge conqers fear.

Thankyou both.
    It helps to share these things, especially the things you can't explain! I'm trying to just accept the symptoms and try to do the normal everyday things. It's like my body is playing with me, just when I stop worrying about one symptom another appears! I have become quite strong with my anxiety, but then I get this and it's like my body can't think of anything else to worry me with so it decides to give me strange symptoms I can't explain!

Anyway, thanks again.

Hi,
    Thank you all for the post. I have a very hard time explaining my symptoms. They are always changing causing me to worry. I was doing really well for a while, but the anxiety has returned with new symptoms for me to worry about. I try to just go with it and not fight it. Sometimes this works other times it doesn't.
    Take care,
    Michelle

Thread Information