Thread: How long between diazepam and lorazepam

How long between diazepam and lorazepam

I am currently suffering with severe anxiety attacks. I am taking 150mg of Trazodone in the evening. I have been prescribed 1mg lorazepam to take twice daily. This morning I didn't have any lorazepam so I took 2mg diazepam that I had from a couple of weeks ago. I've now got my lorazepam from the chemist etc so when is safe to take one?. I took the diazepam 7 hours ago. Can I take a Lorezepam now or do I have to wait till tomorrow?

Re: How long between diazepam and lorazepam

Both lorazepam and diazepam are benzodiazepines and so there is no problem with you taking a lorazepam now.

Thanks for the reply. The lorazepam isn't touching my anxiety any more so they need to up my dose or change me to something else while I get levelled out on my antidepressant.

Be a bit careful here as benzodiazepines are addictive, normally docs won't prescribe them for more than 2 weeks. I wish you all the best.

I posted in another thread. I was level for years on venlafaxine but had severe withdrawal
    If I missed just one dose. So I asked doctor to change he put me on citalopram and that's what's caused my anxiety to rocket. They stopped the citalopram and put me on trazodone for 3 1/2 weeks now, 50mg, 100mg, 200mg, 100mg and now back to 150mg. Basically I don't think my doctor has any idea what she's doing and the drop from 200mg to 100mg in one week has made my anxiety worse than it started.

When the first panic attacks started I went to a&e and he gave me 7 x tablets of 2mg diazepam which lasted me a week and worked well. Doctor changed me to Lorezepram 1mg twice a day. At first one tablet was more than enough. Now after the drop in my other medications, now taking both lorazepam has no effect. So I've been on benzos since 12th August now and still no better

Have you considered going back on venlafaxine? It may remove some of your anxiety which is probably withdrawal related. You can then taper off it slowly or if you feel you need to be taking it you can make sure you take it at the same time each day.

I took venlafaxine some years ago and it worked for me, was real good. Some docs are better than others but when it comes to anti-depressants they are really just making educated guesses. All the best.

I haven't had any venlafaxine since June. So I don't think the anxiety is withdrawal. I think the citalopram just pumped too much seretonin into me and my brain still hasn't recovered even a month later.

For some people withdrawal can last a couple of years. Its true - though very rare. If you keep getting worse and cannot bear the anxiety you could try reinstating venlafaxine at a small dose and seeing if it helps. How long were you on citalopram for? Of course, its possible that you had some kind of adverse reaction to it.

I was on 20mg citalopram for 3 weeks and the anxiety was slowly creeping back in so doc put me on 30mg and it sent me mental. A week later I was going to hospital needing something to calm me down and he gave me diazepam.

Thread Information