Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily headache, feeling sick at times, starting to worry, nobody to talk with!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Daily headache, feeling sick at times, starting to worry, nobody to talk with!

Hello all,

For the past 8 weeks, I have felt kind of normal again to some degree, even managed to keep myself off the web searching for diagnoses or anything related to anxiety etc.

The reason I知 back on the web is because last Saturday I woke up with a headache, which I still have 7 days later. I was not 100% panicking because this was my very first symptom with anxiety, which started off all my feels relating to health anxiety, which I had the headache for 3 years 24/7, which they did vanish and like everybody on the forum, symptom replaced with another symptom etc.

Since yesterday, I have started to get stressed out because last night I had a period of feeling sick, which I needed to lie down. After about an hour, the sickness feeling vanished and I then had some tea and watched some television. Then this morning, I got up early to go work, headache is present and I have started to feel sick again.

I知 getting myself worried that these symptoms are signs of a brain tumour, which has always been my fear with this health anxiety illness. Last night I logged onto the doctors website and managed to book myself an appointment with the doctor who looks after me but it is not until the 15th November 2007 at 17:10.

I知 not totally sure why I have wrote this on the website forum but I guess it is because I have nobody to talk to about how I知 feeling and my symptoms and the thoughts I知 managing to come up with, all appear to be negative.

Can anybody help me with positive thinking?

Red

Re: Daily headache, feeling sick at times, starting to worry, nobody to talk with!

stress, headache, stress, headache. Vicious circle.

You are fine. Try to relax.

Re: Daily headache, feeling sick at times, starting to worry, nobody to talk with!

Hi Red,

as you said yourself you've had a headache that lasted for 3 years 24/7 which turned out to be nothing worse than stess/anxiety. So it is more than likely this is the same and as you know the more attention you pay to it the more it hangs on in there.
    Do you manage to sleep at night? Does it ease when you relax (bath,meditation etc)
    Also i occasionally do get a headache that lasts 7-10 days which is not due to anxiety and its some sort of bug - the kids get a cold, i get a headache!
    Great you've done so well, i noticed you hadnt posted in a while

love anx x

i too started off with constant headaches from stress that kicked off my anxiety 10 years ago. i had a constant headache for 3 years and then migraines on top too. my worst fear was that it was a brain tumour (our worst fears are hardly ever realised!) and i remember begging my doc for a brain scan (he gave me prozac instead!). the thing is - if you have had it before - then you know it is not a tumour - especially if it feels the same as last time. it will be a stress/tension headache or a virus - i don;t get constant headaches now but i still get them for days at a time.

the only time i would worry is that if you started with double vision/falling over etc. brain tumours rarely have headaches as the only symptom and the more you worry or check up on your symptoms - the more adrenalin - increased tension - increased pain. YOU WILL BE FINE! x

Hello

I have constant headaches from eye styrain but most importantly anxiety. Its a tight shoulder, neck, clenched jaw thing and a tight band around my head.

This is classic anxiety and remember you are so used to feeling this tightness you wouldn't even notice your body being clenched and tight. I bet if you rub the back of your neck or shoulders firmly you will find it stiff and sore which will prove its anxciety.

Honestly mate don't worry - with a brain tumour you would have much worse symptoms than this

You are ok !

Love and a big hug

SUE xxx

Quote Originally Posted by anxious View Post
    Hi Red,

as you said yourself you've had a headache that lasted for 3 years 24/7 which turned out to be nothing worse than stess/anxiety. So it is more than likely this is the same and as you know the more attention you pay to it the more it hangs on in there.
    Do you manage to sleep at night? Does it ease when you relax (bath,meditation etc)
    Also i occasionally do get a headache that lasts 7-10 days which is not due to anxiety and its some sort of bug - the kids get a cold, i get a headache!
    Great you've done so well, i noticed you hadnt posted in a while

love anx x

Hi,

Thinking back, I appear to of slept well for the past two nights, woke up both times to my alarm clock.

Regarding medication, I'm currently on 50mg of amatriptiline, which was originally subscribed for my headaches in the past and my doctor kept me on the medication to help with my anxiety.

Red

If you can sleep, it proves to me its anxiety/tension.

anx xx

Hi,

I think what is making it worse is the knowledge of what happened to Russel Watson the other week, those words of brain tumour realy stop me in my tracks.

I'm going to see another doctor today, until I can see mine on the 15th, see what he has to say etc.

Red

Let us know what he says, i'm sure you'll be fine.

anx xx

hi reddevil
    i know its really easy for me to say,but you,ll be fine
    i too have symptoms like you and for a few weeks i can be going along fine,and then all of a sudden i start to feel sick,dizzy etc and so my really bad health anxiety kicks straight in again
    i think when we see things on the news like what happened with russell watson we start to worry again
    i had a mri in may of this year as i was just soooo worried that i had a brain tumour,but thank goodness it was clear but i really was convinced that i did.
    have a good talk with your doctor as he will put your mind at ease
    tfeel free to pm me if you want a chat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information