Hi Everyone,

I did touch on this on my topic I posted yesterday about CBT, but the symptom I can't stand the most about my anxiety is my constant awareness of my breathing. This is worse when I don't have much to do or when I am trying to get to sleep. I know that i shallow breathe which I am trying to correct, but when you are constantly aware of your breathing the last thing you want to do is think about it even more to try and deep breathe!!! I used to be aware of it occasionally but now it is like an obsessive thought. Also when this website was down due to the fire, i went on another website and found this exact same problem and found many people that suffered from it, but they were all doom and gloom and said they would never recove from it and had been suffering for 10 years or more!! I can't bear the thought that I might be aware of my breathing for the next 10 years!! So I just wondered if anybody had experienced this and if so any positive tips?! I'm wondering if exercise would help although I hate doing that at the moment because again it makes me more aware of my breathing!!
Help!

Thanks
Clare