Thread: One for the Girls

One for the Girls

Hi All,

I haven't been on for a while had a bit of good spell.

I have been going to the doctors for a while about some women's problems i've been having since the birth of my daughter nine months ago. The last few months i've been having period type of pains in the middle of my monthly cycle (worse than when i'm actually having my period) and now the last two months i've been having light bleeding when i go to the tiolet and i'm really scared.
    Does anyone have any ideas as i really don't want to google!!!

Re: One for the Girls

whats your doctor said? mines been simular i had my baby neally 6 month ago. they said it can be very irregular till your homones completly settle and your body gets back to normal! can take longer for some. but theyve recently put me on the pill which made it worse!!

hope this helps a little!

joanne xx

Hi
    I get this - every mid month. I get very bad stomach pains in the middle of the cycle. I was once told by my gp that it is called Mittelschmerz. It is very common to have pains in the middle of the cycle. I get spotting sometimes too.
    However I am not a doctor, so I cant say for definite thats what you have, so if you really want your mind putting at rest it is probably best to see your gp regarding it.

I did speak to my doc and he didn't seem very worried at all just gave me some tablets to stop the pain but the bleeding as only been happening in the last two months, thats what scarring me not the pains. It just worries me that instead of everything slowly going back to normal i'm now exoeriencing bleeding on top of everything else.

Is your bleeding just at mid month or is it all the time??? If its mid month then its almost certainly ovulation bleeding and even if its most of the time then its usually due to hormone imbalance as your Dr has said.

for me whe I get this mid-month I am ovulating. Some months are worse than others. This month, it hurts to sit....we are trying to have a baby and I have told huuby I can't see how b/c when it hurts sex is the last thing I want!

Spotting mid cycle may mean your hormones are a bit off. Have you just started the pill or anything?

My bleeding is mid month only and it only happens when i go to the tiolet, it lasts for a day. I'm going to ask for a smear test just to make sure everything is ok because for months i haven't felt right about this and the sudden bleeding suggests to me that something is wrong????

Hi there

Just to say that its definately possible and normal to have some bleeding at ovulation, dr google has told me this many times

Whats more it seems anything is possible and normal after having a little one!! My body is constantly freaking me out just now and i had my baby six months ago. I have the mid cycle pains - like period pains or IBS not sure which it feels more like! Dont have the bleeding but may do later i guess. I am very anxious about hormonal stuff just now because everything points to horrible sinister illness in my head - that thought in itself is definately a result of my hormones!!!

Please dont worry, you are not alone , it seems so many girls have this stuff after having babies, and beleive me i have asked absolutely everyone in my office!! - they all think i am nuts!!

Lisa
    xxxx

Thread Information