Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paroxetine

paroxetine

hi all,doctor has just given me these paroxetine 20 mg is anyone taken these,if so did you feel ok i also take 75mg ampitriptline{spelt wrong]i hate taking something new i think i talk myself into the side affects most of the time

Hi

I took paroxatine for some time and it helped big time with the panic etc but coming off them was hell on earth!!

That said everyone is different and I dont want to alarm you!!!

Best Wishes

Kaz x

Hello.

I took paxil for years and it was "the wonder drug". Things went well for 8 years or so with it, no side effects, but best of all no panic! Unfortunately I have to agree that coming off of it was difficult.

Best Of Luck,

Mike

thanks for your advice,i have looked this drug up and im not going to take it,ok it may help in the short term its the comming off it that scares me,why is it with drugs like these make you feel worse before you feel better,i feel as if im only just hanging in there at the moment without any more feelings

hi there
    ive been on/off for 10 years....it saved me..yet now i have to switch to a newer drug as its no longer helping...it takes time to work and may make you feel worse to start...but stick with it...its famous for being hard to get off BUT it did help me for a long time xxx

Just two words to say about paroxetine, STEER CLEAR!!!!!!

Hi there -seroxat was my life saver for 7 years. I was fine on it, but it started to wear off. I decided to come off it as i no longer felt i needed it as it wasnt doing much anyway. Now sroxat is my hell on earth. I am in the process of coming off it. I was on 20mg and now i'm on 6mg and probably wont be off it for a good few months yet. the withdrawal feels like it is literally killing me at the moment!! I need to get off it as i want to start a family.

Please seek better alternatives if you can.

Otis x

hi again

please dont be scared by mails..seroxat is a quite an old ssri now and many docs dont issue it anymore as it has got withdrawel issues due to short shelf life...
    i would say if i had my time again..perhaps a different one...coz of the symptoms...if youve just started it i would go back to your doc and ask for a newer one...just purely as they are available to you xxxx

hiya thanks for all the advice,otis hope you feel better soon,thats what scares me commimg off them as i know meds are just like putting a plaster on a cut,its just covering the problems but god do they help,ampitriptline helps me on a night its trying to get thruogh the day thats hard at the moment,i keep telling myself i will feel better tomorrow,its just not happening at the moment

Hi again

Seriously, if you need medication then so be it. It does not make you a weak person. If it wasnt for wanting a baby i would still be on seroxat and wouldnt be any of the wiser regarding withdrawal. Seroxat worked for me and i liked it. Literally the only reason for coming off it os to have a bay. But i am sure there is a better drug that when you do want to come off it, it isnt as bad as seroxat is posing for me xx

otis x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information