Thread: Weekend Away

Weekend Away

Hi Everyone
    I have been for my first weekend away since I was officially diagnosed with Panic/Anxiety 2 months ago. We went to Eastbourne and Beachy Head where I even stood on top of the cliff and took a photo of the light house! Overall I had a great time and even had a couple of meals in restaurants. I have 10mg of Propranalol three times a day and 10mg of Citalopram per day to help me. I was not symptom free of course, but I have been practicing Dr Weekes techniques and have tried to accept the symptoms - the first wave of fear without adding the second fear (what if I'm having a heart attack etc) which just keeps the nerves sensitised, then floating through my tasks and letting time pass. It works, but it can be tiring especially in my arch nemesis - the car. I was OK until we got stook in a traffic jam which went on for some time. I did start to panic but practiced the techniques and got over the first wave quite quickly. I then stopped myself tuning in to the panic again by doing the crossword. I wanted everyone to know that out of the whole weekend I probably spent maybe 10 minutes wrestling with this very scary illness at various times (and no, I would not wish those ten minutes on my worst enemy) but I have gained a bit of my life back. It was well worth it.
    Take care all
    Veronica H

Re: Weekend Away

Hi Veronica

Welldone on getting away on a long weekend. I can identify completely with your arch nemesis the car and traffic queues. I am so pleased that you could use the tools that Dr Claire Weeks has given you through her self help books and that they actually as proved by yourself solid advice. !0 minutes out of a whole weekend away with severe anxiety I would rate as very succesfull, go away in the car again soon to keep your confidence up.
    Well done
    Ron

Hi Veronica

How lovely to read of your success, so pleased to hear your weekend went well and you enjoyed it. It sounds like you have learnt alot on how to control the panic the techniques sure are working for you!

You keep up the good work

Real proud of you hun !

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

thanks Ron, Andrea - I have the hairdressers on my list next!

Veronica you can do it !!

Just think how lovely you will look when you have had your hair done ! (not saying you are not lovely now though)

Good luck
    Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi Veronica,

Well done and so glad the techniques worked for you. You should be very proud of yourself and I'm glad you are looking foward to future outings.

Laura xxx

really well done hunny

milly xxx

Thread Information