Thread: how are we all

how are we all

hi guys,
    i joined this site yesterday and found alot of comfort from it. ive had a good day and am feeling rather positive, but we will see how long that lasts lol. ever the optomistic me. so how are we all? i joined a self help group today, anyone else been to one? if so what are they like? . i think ive finally got it into my head that this illness is not going to beat me. i spent too long letting it reck my life. not anymore....

rob....

Re: how are we all

Hey there Rob,,,welcome. Good for you, you sound so positive and thats the key. I joined a slf-help group some years ago for anxiety probs, and it was a great help. Mind you i didnt have the online self-help that we have today but even alongside the forums, these self-help groups work really well coz they give you reality...you can see who you are talking to! and i guess theres not so much misunderstanding if you are all in the same room! sometimes things dont translate too well online.

best wishes
    Cathy V xxx

hi rob just wanna say good on you and welldone, u sound strong and u will get through this. hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Rob,

Welcome to NMP!

You will get over it, as I can tell that you are determined not to let this rule your life! I have the same approach mate.

I used to go to a self help group a few years ago when I was really depressed. It really helped me. Although I was getting one on one counselling, I felt the need to share experiences with fellow sufferers, so it was an important part of my recovery.

I'm sure that the self help and this website will both be sources of great advice and support for you.

Darren

Thread Information