View Poll Results: How often do you exercise?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

49 30.06%
  • Once or twice each week

44 26.99%
  • Three to four times each week

36 22.09%
  • Try to exercise daily!

34 20.86%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise! Do you?

Exercise! Do you?

My bloke keeps telling me that we need exercise and adds that it will improve our wellbeing and help ease our anxiety. I know that he is probably right but at the minute I am struggling to find the time or motivation. I used to swim regularly (an activity which i thoroughly enjoy), I take my two year old son to the local pool but it's more for him & doesnt exactly get my blood pumping. I just wondered how many people who use this forum participate in exercise and, how regularly? Also, what exercise do you find works best for you? I think it might make an interesting poll so honest answers please! Thankyou!!

Re: Exercise! Do you?

I dont a lot because of shift work however i do try to get to body combat ( a very fast form of exercise to loud music) It is very funny but by no means easy, or swimming regularly.
    I would love to domore but i dont have the time, however i am gonna start yoga soon xx

I would like to start exercising to but I have just started new meds and they are making me feel so tired at the moment I just don't have the motivation (thats my excuse anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpiglet View Post
    My bloke keeps telling me that we need exercise and adds that it will improve our wellbeing and help ease our anxiety. I know that he is probably right but at the minute I am struggling to find the time or motivation. I used to swim regularly (an activity which i thoroughly enjoy), I take my two year old son to the local pool but it's more for him & doesnt exactly get my blood pumping. I just wondered how many people who use this forum participate in exercise and, how regularly? Also, what exercise do you find works best for you? I think it might make an interesting poll so honest answers please! Thankyou!!
    Hi Pink,

I go to the gym twice a week ,and go to a martial arts class at least once per week. I have just taken up running which cost nothing , if its nice i try to take the mountain bike out. Exercise has helped me more than anything; give it a bash you'l feel better for it.

Hiya Pink i walk my dogs twice a day everyday and its one of the best exercise you can get cos i have to do it and it makes me feel so much better afterwards.
    Ali xxx

I swim once a week in the spring and summer, just finished now for the winter. I would love to go to the gym but I am too shy to go on my own, also I am overweight and old. no hope really....

Hi pinkpiglet....I try but am struggling to find the right thing for me as unfortunately my 'issues' seem to be getting in the way....I did go to the gym but its become really busy and I cant find a quiet time to go....I started aerobics but I struggle with the whole walking in and people looking at me bit (especially as I must look like an uncoordinated elephant lol!), I just think I cant do it....Im trying to walk more, but again I find it difficult to do on my own and its not always convenient for hubby or kids to come with me.....so the search goes on....I'll keep trying lol!

Coni XX

Exercise is my new addiction, although I must admit I've been slacking big time this month, other than the Mountain Biking.

I do a variation.

Aeorbics, Step, Circuit Training, Pilates, Yoga, Karate, Kick Boxing, Mountain Biking (including downhill,.. yeeehaaaa !!), Street Dancing, Swimming and I love Go-Kart Racing (for when I'm feeling lazy lol).

I alternate day by day, week by week (the kids join in and love it).

At the weekend we drive to different Mountain Bike Courses, the kids join us too, they look so cute all geared up, (especially my little girl wearing her full face helmet lol), it's such a laugh .

Exercise can be so much fun, if we stop looking at it as a chore.

In the Summer, we all go Kayaking (that's a real laugh too) and Surfing (well attempt! ha). We're lucky to have a pretty good Dry Ski slope just around the corner, and Milton Keynes (indoor snow slope not so far away too). Have you thought about trying this? Can end up being expensive, but every now and then, you'll love it, i'm sure.

Just up the road theres also an Adventure Course. Quad Biking, High Level Ropes, Zip Wire, Abseiling, Rock Climbing, Mountain Boarding, Rifle Shooting, Canoeing, Kayaking, Jet Skiing, Water Boarding, Bell Boating etc.

Exercise does help our wellbeing and eases anxiety.

As you have a two year old, have you ever thought about biking with one of those little trailer buggie seats for the babies to sit in at the back of your bike? (not sure what they call them). But i'll try and find a link to show you what I mean.
    Last edited by Oceanblue; 23-10-08 at 14:29.

www.juststrollers.com/strollers/biketrailerhookuparticl... www.juststrollers.com/strollers/biketrailerhookuparticle.cfm

hi i go swiming most days and go to gym and yes i find it does help i allso run my own business

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information