Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know as soon as I wake

I know as soon as I wake

As soon as I open my eyes I just know what kind of day I will be having after a couple of hours sleep I woke up with a sick hollow feeling in the pit of my stomack.And yeah today as been awful I didnt even open my kitchen blind.Everything I do just goes wrong and annoys me until I end up in tears.
    STUPID STUPID STUPID why bother.
    maybe my sister was right I am a sad,fat,waste of space.
    And they would all be better off without me around messing things up and bringing them down.

I can understand how you feel but lets firstly remind you that you are not a waste of space at all. Your sisters views sound very harsh and in reality cant be true. You along with everyone else deserve support and on here you will get it. You are obviously not feeling too well at the moment but that is no reason for someone or anyone to be harsh on you. Pleased you have posted and hope we can help build up that self esteem that you need and help you be you again. Trust me a better person than anyone that judges you or critises you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

dawn you most definitely are not a waste of space or else people here would not reply to you and help you along the way, please stop believing the negative that people say. if someone said something nice about you you would not believe them , so disregard the nasty things that people say and get yourself better in spite of them.

firstly i guarantee you that if your mind is made up each time you open you eyes that it will be a bad day then it will,
    today i feel breathless and bad but i will open my blinds and do the best i can.

pleasre try to do this i no it is hard.

i am here if you need me

jackie

please please dont think i am patronising, i no how hard it is to get up when you feel so low but we have no choise we must try for the sake of our lives. not our sisters life or our husbands but for our own. please try and we are here

jackie

Dear Dawn

I agree with what Jackie has said and I know she doesn't mean it in a patronising way.

That early morning feeling is awful. I used to get it very badly as Im sure lots of people dom My stomach would churn and churn on waking and it would make me feel like crying.

I takes a little time to get into a habit of getting up and just getting on. Getting yourself washed and dressed - no matter how you feel - you just have to do it. You won't feel better straight away and it is hard work but you have to keep doing it every single day and not be put off by those horrible feelings. The more you do it, the more your mind will realise that this is your routine. It becomes less and less difficult the more you do it.

You are not a waste of space (or whatever it was you said) and please don't listen to people who may have never had such feelings as you do - they know nothing believe me. You feel what you feel and it's real - if they think t hat you don't work hard enough to make yourself feel better than that's their problem. You sister sounds mighty unsympathetic.

I really hope that your mood lifts and I'm sure it will.

Jackie; regarding the breathlessness. Have you tried this; just completely blow out long and hard as if you are blowing up a baloon. This will automatically create abdominal breathing and it should feel easier. It's something my psychiatrist told me to do. Also, she told me to buy a tin whistle or a recorder - it is excellent practice for getting the breathing back to normal. Also, something else I read is to hold your breath - try these t hings and see if there is any improovement.

Take care everyone.
    Yvonne

Y Goble

will do yvonne, tin wistle is a good one, will try it

cheers and good luck to you both

jackie

Hi ya Dawn,

Firstly don't take it to heart what your sister said - my sister has made a career out of informing me of all my faults but I know she loves me.

Also don't automatically presume a bad morning means a bad day, some of my most piggy mornings have resulted in a good day in the end.

If you can I would try and get out of bed and get on with washing your face etc and getting dressed before giving yourself time to analyse how you feel.

Love Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Dawn

Nobody is a waste of space least of all another human being. Maybe your sister is just misguided and thinks that if she tries shock treatment you will magically be better. Its true whats often done in the name of love hurts a lot. We all care here or we wouldnt be talking would we.

Keith

Hi there!

Don't take any notice of your sisters comments! No matter how harsh they are, you do not have to believe that any of them are true! You are not a waste of space. You are a kind human being with pleanty to offer the world! Just like the rest of us on this forum!

I suffer from the same feelings of dread as soon as I wake up each day that you describe. Its just antipating that the worst is going to happen (which in my experience never doe) and does not mean that you will have a bad day. I've felt this on so many occasions and then done something I enjoy instead of focusing on the negative thoughts in my head and have felt so much better in general for it!

Your sister was wrong to say those things to you but don't take them to heart. Although we get on very well and i love the little mare really, My younger sister aged 18, (I'm 21) has made some very crass and untactful comments about my condition and me in general, which have upset me deeply. The trick is to take her jibes with a pinch of salt. Sisters were created to annoy us, but don't let it ruin your self esteem!

Love Allie xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

Thankyou to all of you for your kind comments
    I was having a major bad morning but I spent the day cleaning and sorting (stops me thinking) to get me through it,
    and as regards my sister she is of the attitude "life is what you make it,some just enjoy to wallow in selfpitty"
    I said "I hope you never end up in my place" its okay as she said she never would.
    I just can never understand people being so cruel and from the people who are supposed to love you most.I dont see any of my family anymore as I no longer have the strength to fight them to see the good in me.

I always tell my children its no good being beautiful on the outside if you are ugly inside.

thankyou Dawn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information