Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried about family

worried about family

Im sick of my anxiety. It is making me feel so ill. Im not ill though but i keep going dizzy and havin a funny head.

Im also fed up of feeling low all the time ans feeling more and more anxious in town. I cant go anywhere without panicking now. I hate it now. I just want to be happy and normal again. I feel like no matter what I do no one is supportive to me back here at home. I just feel pushed out and like I dont exist. It is hard as my mom is ill and we dont know what is wronf and my step dad has depression so it is hard. I just feel like Im making them worse. It is so so hard. I want to be able to help them but i am struggling myself. What can I do to help like this? :'(
    that is why they call it the present.

Re: worried about family

Soph, it doesn't seem like anybody here can help you. We all try to reassure you either here or in private messages but nothing we say seems to help you and you keep coming back with the same question. We're not therapists and all people can do is to keep repeating themselves by telling you to go to uni and move on with your life, that's is all you can do. And please don't think i'm dismissing your feelings, because i'm not so its not necessary to keep coming back with comments like you are sorry to be bothering people etc, because people have repeatedly told you you're not bothering them and everybody always sends you hugs, but they can only help so much...you have to take their advice and help yourself too. Its hard yes, but not impossible. Try it, break away, go to uni and get your life back.

ISB x

Tim not dismissing anything. Im just having family problems. I do thank people for what they do and I am getting better and everyday I do try. I have had some good days and appreciate peoples support on here. I give hugs when i can hun back and help other on here. Im sorry for making you feel that way. :(

I think because you're stuck in such a negative mind set it's impossible to be able to get out of it by will power. I've been there before and no matter what anyone says you can get all the advice in the world and still not feel any better.
    Since it's too late for any therapy as you're going to uni, I suggest you find out if they have a counselling service and see if you can sign up as soon as possible so perhaps you'll be able to talk to a professional on a regular basis. You're probably going to have to make some steps to feel better before you actually start to feel better, if that makes sense.
    One of the most important things you need is a support network and not rely on a single source for support. The more variety of sources you have, the stronger you will feel.

The best thing for you to do for your family is to fight to overcome this. You can do this but you just have to take steps in the right direction.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Counselling service at uni! Mine has one so hopefully yours does too

Yes mine does hun. And I have been listening to all your advice I promise you that. I am seeing 3 positives in everyday. I am doing a diary and looking forward to tomorrow. I am thinking if a fresh day. I am trying my best Kimberly. I promise you I am. I am not giving up ever and I know one day I will be happy again. I am thankful for everything in my life. Xx

You see...you did it again. What I said has got nothing to do with you helping other people or how many hugs you give out, we know that about you, you are a very kind girl, but I was talking about you not taking any notice of the help we keep giving you. I wasn't having a go Sophie so you can stop with making it sound like that now ok? and I know you are not the helpless little girl you seem to be on the open pages going by your private messages and it hurts people when you say things like that. All i'm trying to say is why not take on board what everybody is telling you? You have the chance to make a new life for yourself, since you always talk about how bad your life is now. Take the chance to get away and make your life happier.

ISB x

I'm glad you're doing all you can. You will get through this Sophie! And you're not alone in this were all behind you

Hun. I didnt think you was having a go. I understand what you was saying just saying myself that i have taken on board things said by others. Im not blaming anyone I promise. I have appreciate all the support recieved on here and Im thankful for all my friends on here. I think your all amazing. Xx

And thank you Kimberly means a lotm i do appreciate everything you have done. I hope your ok and getting better? As in the food disorder post? Xx

I also just want you to be aware that although going to uni and starting a new life will take away your current stresses and anxieties, it also can possibly quite a challenging time settling in so you need to keep on working on all this advice once you go to uni. It's not the happy ever after with everything sorted, it's just a new chapter with new situations. I'm not being negative at all cause uni is great, but I just don't want you thinking oh I'm away now and everything is a clean slate. I made that mistake and all my existing problems gradually came back because I just ignored them.

Aaawwwm thank you hun. I know what you mean completely. I will just take things one step at a time. I think i understand that only I can change my life around. Im the only one that can help myself. Ues i have a lot going on right now but if I just work through it bit by bit i might start to feel better and get my old life back. You neber know what is around the corner do you? Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information