Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waking up with anxiety every morning

Re: Waking up with anxiety every morning

How long has it been like this?, have you been to see you're Doctor, if you are doing things to help yourself and it is'nt improving you need to get help from your Dr...

I and many others on here know what you are going through Tristan..

I know how bad it feels Tristan. I've had plenty of this over the years.

A few things to remember about what you are experiencing...

-This is not a medical problem. You can see a doctor but they can only offer you drugs to dampen the symptoms temporarily. Ther is nothing medically wrong with you. Your body is acting normally for the stress it has encountered. (Through life, your worry, etc.)

-This is VERY common. Plenty of us have this "style" of suffering. (The morning ramping, etc.) Morning anxiety is very common and easily explained by the action of hormones/body chemistry.

-Lots of people have overcome this, including me for long periods. Once we learn to contain our worry and stop ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE... this will calm. Mornings will get better and you will slowly see improvement and slowly will lose fear of how you feel when you wake.

This is a process we all have to commit to doing. None of this will disappear by us being angry at it or any other methods other than deciding we've had enough... and doing the hard work. Learning to contain our fears, learning to ACCEPT how we feel and moving on with our day and taking our lives back.

I know how you feel. I've been there. I still can have nasty mornings. Even for days at a time. (Setbacks, etc.)

Hang in there and check out the work of people like Jim Folk, Paul David and others who have helped people overcome stress disorder.

It’s bern like this for most of the year , I see a psychiatrist once every 3 months and on so many pills I hate it

Quote Originally Posted by TRISTAN View Post
    It’s bern like this for most of the year , I see a psychiatrist once every 3 months and on so many pills I hate it
    Pills can't fix this. What pill could? The magic "I don't feel so good in the morning pill?"

Google Jim Folk/Anxiety.

Read through the material and consider a therapist or consider signing up and reading/listening to his Skype calls, etc.

This is a process we have to work through. It begins with acceptance... and being tired of giving our power away to this bodily reaction.

Seeing a therapist a few times a year and taking drugs will not fix anything.
    If you want to move on, you have to commit to daily mindset work, therapy, re-framing of your experience and re-building your confidence.

All of which... you can absolutely do.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGuy View Post
    Pills can't fix this. What pill could? The magic "I don't feel so good in the morning pill?"

Google Jim Folk/Anxiety.

Read through the material and consider a therapist or consider signing up and reading/listening to his Skype calls, etc.

This is a process we have to work through. It begins with acceptance... and being tired of giving our power away to this bodily reaction.

Seeing a therapist a few times a year and taking drugs will not fix anything.
    If you want to move on, you have to commit to daily mindset work, therapy, re-framing of your experience and re-building your confidence.

All of which... you can absolutely do.
    Does he provide a free service?

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Does he provide a free service?
    He's just one option - no one gives their time for free of course becuase we all have to eat.

But, they do offer:
    -Free videos on Youtube
    -Free info without signing up
    -A VERY cheap yearly subscription rate that offers the most collective information on the planet on stress disorder and it's not close.

That said, if you truly cannont invest a few dollars in your own health.... look into...

-Paul David's blog (Anxiety no more) - free
    -Youtube Claire Weekes audio
    -Google "nothing works, a letter to myself"
    -Youtube "David Daish Anxiety" for his videos

There are tons of free resources out there for true recovery from stress disorder/anxiety/panic, etc.

I recommended Jim Folk's work becuase for that one time cost, you get access to daily info, all the skype call archives, thousands of pages of explanations of symptoms, forum access, etc. To me, that's worth the 8 bucks a month it ends up being, etc.

But, there are plenty of free resources to get started.

Here comes scared and can’t cope again , so , so fed up

Tonight I felt anxiety and lots of random thoughts seems to happen at night. Could it be too much chocolate and fizzy drinks I wonder if the caffeine is having an affect on me?

The anxiety has been in morning but seems to have switched to at night or early morning when I am trying to sleep

I’m the same , every morning I wake up scared , full of anxiety and dread for the day ahead , it’s just getting worse and now I’m not doing anything anymore because of it

I first had this aged 21 when I had compulsive intrusive thoughts due to exam stress, horrible during exam time and also such a social time at uni!
    It returned this year (im 26 ) after some awful health anxiety/masters stress and is currently staying away from me as my stomach has been more relaxed. Littlest things set it off though..the rain, loneliness...ugh...even when Im in a kitchen with my flatmates first thing Im like "gather the worries of today!" SO SO ANNOYING. Especially cos our brains know its all just anxiety...

Some tips though - its VERY common in the morning apparantly due to the fact that we're in a dead sleep then BOOM - our incredible motor neurones are doing a reality check - its actually our bodies way of protecting ourselves against any action we need to be prepared for ...just wish they didnt make it so obvious haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information