Thread: Did anyone have norovirus facts?

Did anyone have norovirus facts?

*anyone that has any Norovirus facts or info please please post here. :(*
    I have severe emet and am really worried about this, the thing is there's constant triggers.*
    Two days ago I was in a restaurant with my sister I didn't eat anything, but outside the restrooms there was a wet floor sign and they had mopped only that spot. So I'm guessing someone had v there. Then today I find out one of my partners work mates is off with a sickness bug which scares me cause what if my partner touches surfaces that guy touched and brings it home?......

Re: Did anyone have norovirus facts?

Quote Originally Posted by pixietrixie View Post
    *anyone that has any Norovirus facts or info please please post here. :(*
    I have severe emet and am really worried about this, the thing is there's constant triggers.*
    Two days ago I was in a restaurant with my sister I didn't eat anything, but outside the restrooms there was a wet floor sign and they had mopped only that spot. So I'm guessing someone had v there. Then today I find out one of my partners work mates is off with a sickness bug which scares me cause what if my partner touches surfaces that guy touched and brings it home?......
    You posted several threads on the subject. Common sense must prevail. Hand washing etc. regardless during cold/flu season is wise.

Just so you know.... there are more germs on your toothbrush, dish scrubbie, door knobs, and don't even think about pushing an elevator button! And if you have kids? See my point?

The chances of some bug getting on a shoe, living several hours after being trampled on, rubbed into concrete, car carpets, home carpets etc. then jumping from the floor to your oral cavities and infecting you is what percentage do you think?

Bottom line, use common sense, carry around some hand sanitizer if you're that afraid and hope for the best.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Did anyone have norovirus facts?

My husband and I went on a cruise a couple of years ago where norovirus was a problem (got the email too late). My husband picked it up, probably from a handrail or something; I tend to try to avoid handrails generally, unless I'm wearing gloves. Anyway, he was sick within 24 hours, and for about 48 hours more. I shared the tiny bathroom and the bed with him, and I did not get norovirus. And that's a fact, I assure you. Fishmanpa is right, it's not automatic that you will get it even if you are positive a person near you has had the virus. Be sensible in public, wash your hands often, and carry hand sanitizer. Try not to touch public surfaces and then your face, ie eyes, nose or mouth without washing with soap first. And then you won't get norovirus. It is not an airborne illness, you must do the transfer described in the last sentence to get it.

By the way, it's unpleasant but short in duration, and not deadly. The flu is more dangerous, I'm sure!

Thread Information