Thread: Husband drinks and son smokes weed. Help!

Husband drinks and son smokes weed. Help!

I live on my nerves all the time which no medication can stop. Anyone else in this situation? How do you cope? Almost can't bear anymore. I have told tem but they don't think they have a problem.

Re: Husband drinks and son smokes weed. Help!

Okay, so this may not be the opinion you are looking for. My husband used to drink A LOT. I dont know that I would consider him an alcoholic because he could go times without it, but if he had an opportunity, he drank. A lot. We were only dating at the time and we split up because I just couldn't take it anymore. He made the choice that he could live without the booze, but not me. Shortly after, he started smoking weed. Started small and then developed into an every day thing. It frustrated me. But he functions perfectly with it, doesn't do stupid things, our relationship actually started to improve.

Years later, our daughter was born. He was careful to only smoke outside and wash up before touching her. He is a FABULOUS dad, probably more so than me. But it got to a point as she was aging that I asked him to stop. He did for a while, but he also started picking up the alcohol again. We fought constantly and he went back to smoking. I just didnt have it in me to fight with him about it.

Well a couple months ago, I started experiencing severe anxiety. Bad. Like cry in the corner of a dark room all day depression and anxiety. He offered me a smoke one night when I was at my lowest. I tried it. It kind of settled my nerves. Tried it again the next night (I never smoke when my daughter is awake) and I was at peace for the first time in months. After a couple weeks of this, I felt so ashamed that I had begged him to quit. This was his calm, his peacefulness. He has anxiety and bipolar 2 disorder and I never understood until now. You cant imagine how it feels until you go through it as well. I will never ask him to give that up again. Weed helps you in ways that you cant imagine with anxiety. It doesn't make you do stupid stuff, it isnt addictive, and it isnt goimg to kill you.

But that's just my opinion.

Re: Husband drinks and son smokes weed. Help!

I think weed affects people differently.
    My boyfriend was smoking it quite a lot, to the point that he was wasting a lot of time and money on it and smoked it more than just once or twice a day.
    He was going into debt and he put it above most other things, just like a regular addiction.
    People say that you can't get addicted to weed, but I would disagree with that from what I've seen with him and some of my family members.
    My boyfriend has an extremely addictive personality, and can be addicted to basically anything.
    He's gone through prescription drugs and alcohol along with the weed.
    He's now clean and smokes here and there, but I don't know if he'll ever fall back into it.
    Only time will tell.
    I'm sorry you have to go through this, I know how bad it can be.
    Keep your head up!
    I hope the very best in your situation.

Thread Information