Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In love with a video game character

In love with a video game character

On top of all my sadness and anxieties I have feelings for a character in a game. I always had a crush on him since first game came out years ago but now I feel extreme feelings about him and i constantly look up stuff about him and the new game coming out. I love everything about him his story is depressing and I relate to him. I love his look his personality that they give him. I feel bad talking about it’ because I sound nuts. I feel like I want to find a real guy like him but know he don’t exist. I always end of with thoughts of him. If I try to not look him up I’ll feel empty. I love him and I don’t know how to deal with it. What should i do

Re: In love with a video game character

I used to have a thing for Lara Croft as a teen. I think most teenage boys who grew up on the PS1 did. It's normal. But I think the difference with what you're going through is you have personal feelings attached to a game character. That doesn't sound healthy, but who knows maybe a lot of people have similar thoughts but never express their feelings about it.

Maybe your lusting for love in your own life?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I had a thing for Jessica Rabbit but who wouldn't?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I used to think I was so in love with an anime character.
    I was pretty young then though.
    Eventually I just kind of grew out of it.
    Not sure what I did or what happened but it just kind of went away eventually.
    I think maybe I got a crush on one of my school classmates or something and it overshadowed it.
    Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by AnxiousAmi; 17-07-18 at 06:33. Reason: Typo

Oh Ok then I will say I had the hots for George Jetson.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    Oh Ok then I will say I had the hots for George Jetson.
    Jane wasn’t doing too bad herself either......

I am serious and I came on here not to be judged about it. I find I relate a lot to him I’m like female version of him. I feel I like him a lot more than I ever felt about any real guy. I have hard time talking to anyone about it without sounding crazy. It used to be a crush years ago but I’m a huge fan of the game and the new one is coming out soon I got into again and now I’m even more into him. I know he’s not real and nothing could come of it but I feel love for him. I’ve never been in a relationship before though I always wanted to and I talked about in other threads about wanting a boyfriend. I feel I need a guy like him and don’t want anyone if they are not like him. I don’t know what to do about it he makes me happy and sad.

I’m not sure who the character is, but are there any conventions that you could go to with other fans of the game?

That may give you the chance to meet guys with similar interests and maybe spark a relationship.

In the end, you’ll need to accept the fact that you cannot have a relationship with a character. Why not get and talk to others who also like the game?

I do talk to other fans on tumblr but that doesn’t help also a lot of the cosplayers that go to the conventions are usually girls dressing up as the guy characters. The crush was fun but I get obsessed because of my ocd which ruins it for me.It would be hard to like the game and look him up without being upset that he’s not real. Yesterday I read about him liking the girl in the game and I got really upset which sounds crazy but I was really annoyed about it. I would like a guy like him but feel that’s not realistic. I don’t know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by scaredgirl86 View Post
    I don’t know what to do
    You have quite an extensive post history over the last 4 years. Pretty intense stuff too. Frankly, I find it difficult to imagine how you manage day to day with all the fears and irrational thoughts

I would strongly encourage real life professional help and intensive psycho-therapy.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information