Thread: Can't see a way out.

Can't see a way out.

Hi all. Forgive me if this is in the wrong area of the forum. I'm new.
    I have suffered from depression and anxiety for around 3 years. Got it kind of under control and got myself a new job in march to have a change. The depression and anxiety came back with a vengeance and my doctor has signed me off for 2 weeks while new meds kick in. I was feeling sick and dizzy and getting Confused aswel as having panic attacks at work. I spoke to my manager that said he can't promise I will have a job to go back to as still in probation. This has made me 10 times worse as I've got a mortgage and a son to support but can't physically work in the state I am in. I'm stuck in a vicious circle, need time to sort my head out but then being made worse due to maybe not having a job to go back to, I'm so close. To giving up. I can't win!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Re: Can't see a way out.

Do your best to hang in there. It seems that if you were going to lose your job you would have already. Stick with the meds and try to work with your manager. See where you are in a couple weeks time. Everything will work out long term.

It’s a shame your manager wasn’t a bit more sympathetic, but don’t worry too much about your job, it’s out of your hands now.

Just keep telling yourself that you got better before and you will again. You’ve taken a really positive step by seeing your doctor, maybe see if there are therapies that you can do free at home too? Such as breathing and relaxation exercises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies. If they sack me then they are not a company I want to work for anyway as clearly no support for people with mental health problems. I've found an online CBT workbook that's actually been very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica2308 View Post
    Thanks for your replies. If they sack me then they are not a company I want to work for anyway as clearly no support for people with mental health problems. I've found an online CBT workbook that's actually been very helpful.

That’s a good way to think about it. There’s lots of jobs/companies out there, but only one of you. You have to focus on yourself and everything else will fall into place.

Well done on taking the steps to treat the anxiety. You’ll be better soon.

Thread Information